The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Our Beloved Prophet PBUH said, Whoever recites Surat al-Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays
Original post by beautifulxxx
Asians are very picky with marriage. I don't know if the family is Asian however. But the primary concern isn't even the sunnah anymore. Which is a real shame. A brother could have a fantastic Islamic character and because he's not a doc he's rejected. Smh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol you're right in that BOTH the girl and guy's parents have HIGH expectations for their beloved daughter/son 's spouse e.g. the guy has to be good looking, fair, tall, rich, successful with a prestigious job, of a certain nationality in order to be considered. :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Doctor or nothing.
Culture says: “If you’re smart or beautiful then you’re special.” Islam says: “You’re created by Allah therefore you’re special.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Doctor or nothing.

Deen or nothing*

Original post by Ankabout
Lol you're right in that BOTH the girl and guy's parents have HIGH expectations for their beloved daughter/son 's spouse e.g. the guy has to be good looking, fair, tall, rich, successful with a prestigious job, of a certain nationality in order to be considered. :lol:

For the girl it's more about the looks and the guy his career :/
Original post by Aabidah
Lol why not on here?

I have standards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. SubhanAllah. Sad state of affairs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Incredible97
Your welcome dear, I will don't worry. Lol she hasn't given birth, it's only been 5 months :tongue:. Its okay no worries.

So why was everyone congrantulating you sis? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aabidah
Deen or nothing*

For the girl it's more about the looks and the guy his career :/

Lol, you're right. :tongue: Interestingly, the character of the girl matters too (more so than in the case of guys) i.e. she should be "pure/innocent" and pray 5 times, etc... not a bad thing but it's a double standard when the guy is not expected to be "pure" himself if you know what I mean.
Guys are more likely to fall in love based on girl's appearance, while girl's are more likely to be drawn towards the guy's behavior.
Guys are more likely to fall in love based on girl's appearance, while girl's are more likely to be drawn towards the guy's behavior.

Nah, girls can be shallow too. :tongue: Generally yes I agree with you.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel like I'm on muslima.com lol.
Lol, you're right. :tongue: Interestingly, the character of the girl matters too (more so than in the case of guys) i.e. she should be "pure/innocent" and pray 5 times, etc... not a bad thing but it's a double standard when the guy is not expected to be "pure" himself if you know what I mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I find that very hypocritical.
:/

SubhanAllah thats true too. Double standard indeed. As biri once told me: "If you want a wife like Khadija, you need to be a man like Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasalam."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our Beloved Prophet PBUH said, Whoever recites Surat al-Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays

:yy:
Original post by Aabidah
Deen or nothing*

Doctor or deen.

tsr compromise
Lol, sorry for all this "marriage" talk. It was fun though!

Original post by beautifulxxx
SubhanAllah thats true too. Double standard indeed. As biri once told me: "If you want a wife like Khadija, you need to be a man like Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasalam."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes indeed. :gthumb:
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
It was like that yes, and during the time I asked; I had 2 mahrams with me lol
But it happened straight away and the parents weren't having it.

Like I said; Life goes on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What job do you have? Cause if it ain't doctor, engineer or lawyer ✋, no chance.
It's not always about looks more about there personality
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending