The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's the greatest verse of the holy Quran?
Original post by daisychain_
JazakAllahu Khairan to the both of you. I pray that Allah (swt) grants you whatever your heart desires and all that is best for you.

Wa iyyakum and thanks.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do people keep quoting hellfire quotes.It seems bad worshipping him if your intention is solely to get into heaven or solely to avoid hell.Shouldn't you be worshipping Allah for the sake of it rather than through a primary motive?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
What if your bettering the world or learning e.g. science? I rememeber somewhere in the Quran it said Knowledge was important. I would love to go before God and tell him" I used everything you gave me ".Hence the dedication to knowledge and using it for the better and improvement of lives.

So basically people like unscrupulous bankers violate that quote?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do people keep quoting hellfire quotes.It seems bad worshipping him if your intention is solely to get into heaven or solely to avoid hell.Shouldn't you be worshipping Allah for the sake of it rather than through a primary motive?

Well it's aimed at me Kadak so I'll reply. Truth is "some" people go on about how we quote about the hell-fire etc You know who I'm talking about, so today's topic quotes I based on hell-fire and those who are wrongdoers etc
:h:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

It serves as a reminder that our actions can have consequences. People do worship Allah for the sake of it but we can't just ignore that our actions can lead to reward/punishment.
Original post by Mary562
5:35to top

Sahih International
O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed.

5:36to top

Sahih International
Indeed, those who disbelieve - if they should have all that is in the earth and the like of it with it by which to ransom themselves from the punishment of the Day of Resurrection, it will not be accepted from them, and for them is a painful punishment

5:37to top

Sahih International
They will wish to get out of the Fire, but never are they to emerge therefrom, and for them is an enduring punishment.

JZK for the powerful reminder :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5286
Original post by Mary562
What's the greatest verse of the holy Quran?

I don't think that's an appropriate question...or appropriate for us. How can we pick the greatest words of Allah? It is not within our limits to do so.

I know what you're getting at but the wording is important...
Original post by Tpos
I don't think that's an appropriate question...or appropriate for us. How can we pick the greatest words of Allah? It is not within our limits to do so.

I know what you're getting at but the wording is important...

Actually Tpos it's a quiz question :h:
Original post by HAnwar
JZK for the powerful reminder :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa iyyaki :smile:
Reply 5289
Original post by Mary562
Don't get your panties in a twist :h:

The greatest verse is Ayat-al Kursi

Ah of course, makes sense now
Original post by generic_man
The threat of eternal torture does wonders for your iman.

We don't need your sarcasm here. Thanks :h:
Original post by Tpos

Guess I spoke too early when I said the trolls had gone :lol:
Original post by Mary562
We don't need your sarcasm here. Thanks :h:

Lol :yy:
Original post by Tpos

I just answered my own question, silly me
Reply 5294
Original post by IdeasForLife
Guess I spoke too early when I said the trolls had gone :lol:

I was gna say the same thing

*sigh*
3:131to top

Sahih International
And fear the Fire, which has been prepared for the disbelievers.
Original post by Tpos
I was gna say the same thing

*sigh*

Lool, you jinxed it. :tongue:
Reply 5297
Original post by Ankabout
Lool, you jinxed it. :tongue:

Need to memorise those duas against the evil eye mayn
Reply 5298
Alright people let's all calm down.

“Love of Allah extinguishes the flames of anger in the heart.” Imam Al Ghazali :smile:
6:1to top

Sahih International
[All] praise is [due] to Allah , who created the heavens and the earth and made the darkness and the light. Then those who disbelieve equate [others] with their Lord.

6:2to top

Sahih International
It is He who created you from clay and then decreed a term and a specified time [known] to Him; then [still] you are in dispute.

6:3to top

Sahih International
And He is Allah , [the only deity] in the heavens and the earth. He knows your secret and what you make public, and He knows that which you earn.

Latest

Trending

Trending