The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IMBCFC
Whats the islamic way to get married ? Nowadays a lot of parents are happy for there kids to get into relationships and then marry.

Ive heard the islamic way is to obtain the fathers permission of the girl and then go out if neccessary with a third person in charge. But is this plausible would this happen, I mean the only time someone asks the fathers permission is after a year of a relationship and then marriage.

Am I correct ?

You should counsel with the Wali of the sister which is her father and you should be talking to parents, not her. This is the way to go about it and from there you can have meetings and whatnot. This is the best way to get married and the traditional way.
Original post by Ghost.
HADITH
Al-muwatta of imam maiik"The Messenger of Allah said, "If someone changes his religion - then strike off his head."

BURHARI 52:260
The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.'

BURHARI 83:37 "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."

Sigh why do people quote things without knowing.

This is a whole different story compared to that video.
Original post by Tennumbers
May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen. :smile:

Jazak Allahu Khayran. Ameen :smile:

Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Me too although I'm doing a little bit, gonna fall asleep by 12 In Sha Allah.

That's good! I finished unit 3 and started media, need to start it properly and take a break :smile:

I'm good Jkk, wbu? Stressful... but I've started revision from February so it's actually going pretty well just need to get more revision done but started pretty early?
how about you?

You started media now :eek: really why so late? we've finished it. Started phobic disorders
Alhamdulillah good as well - yeah I started early too
Original post by Ghost.
xxx

I think your mistaken my friend. Sheikha Jaclyn clearly has informed us the Quran says if you leave the faith you deserve death.
Original post by Mary562
Jazak Allahu Khayran. Ameen :smile:

You started media now :eek: really why so late? we've finished it. Started phobic disorders
Alhamdulillah good as well - yeah I started early too

Finished media but I mean memorising essays haha, I only memorised like 4, which is anti-social, pro social, neggative effects etc havent memorised persuasion.

We're starting addiction friday. But tbh I can finish addiction within a week if I spend 3 days on it. So I should finish it myself by Mid-March

But im quite happy, unit 3 is basically memorised (need to still go over it) just unit 4 :smile:
My question just got skipped :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Finished media but I mean memorising essays haha, I only memorised like 4, which is anti-social, pro social, neggative effects etc havent memorised persuasion.

We're starting addiction friday. But tbh I can finish addiction within a week if I spend 3 days on it. So I should finish it myself by Mid-March

But im quite happy, unit 3 is basically memorised (need to still go over it) just unit 4 :smile:

Ah I see. My bad
Insha'Allah we can nail it
Original post by Mary562
2 essays done - got psych exam tomorrow ... And guess what it's about 'Media'

Good luck :smile:
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
I think your mistaken my friend. Sheikha Jaclyn clearly has informed us the Quran says if you leave the faith you deserve death.

No point, unless you say these hadiths are inaccurate and you do not following them. Because most muslims do, I did before I left.

HADITH
Al-muwatta of imam maiik"The Messenger of Allah said, "If someone changes his religion - then strike off his head."

BURHARI 52:260
The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.'

BURHARI 83:37 "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562
Ah I see. My bad
Insha'Allah we can nail it

Insha'Allah may we pass with ease, Ameen.
Original post by The_K1NG
Good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Insha'Allah may we pass with ease, Ameen.

May Allah help us* Ameen :smile:
Original post by Mary562
I don't understand one thing can someone explain ...

Well, I shouldn't bring this topic up but today I was shocked to hear what a friend had to say about one of her relatives marrying a shia etc Her parents weren't happy with it...

What is the main difference between Shia and Sunni Muslims - I don't understand and why is it we distinguish from them. We both are Muslims. I understand the whipping part but why that as well?

Sorry too many questions.

I guess the main differences would be that Shia believe that Ali should of been the first Caliph. And that Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman shouldnt of been.

Then other differences will be Aqeedah (belief) differences and then differences in laws.
You should counsel with the Wali of the sister which is her father and you should be talking to parents, not her. This is the way to go about it and from there you can have meetings and whatnot. This is the best way to get married and the traditional way.

So what do you do nowadays, some parents are fine with their children having haram relationships and getting married. Even if someone did ask the permission of the sisters father some fathers will be shocked and probably say its up to you two ?

Ive heard that one incident before.
Original post by Ghost.
xxx

Brother Sheikha Jaclyn clearly has more knowledge than you. She studied at Al-Wiki Al-Islam.

On another note The Greatest Show On Earth is a good read. :yy: Good recommendation.

Now back to my cookies and icecream sesh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-gPoazlkoQ
Original post by Mary562

May Allah help us* Ameen :smile:

Main thing to know out of the 73 sects, the ones who follow the 4 madhabs (sunnis) are the ones to go heaven and all the other sects are misguided.

There are a lot of differences between shias and sunnis especially due to the fabricated ahadiths.
Shia Muslims believe that the Imam is sinless by nature, and that his authority is infallible as it comes directly from God.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562

No problem.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
I guess the main differences would be that Shia believe that Ali should of been the first Caliph. And that Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman shouldnt of been.

Then other differences will be Aqeedah (belief) differences and then differences in laws.

It's makes sense why people call out ' Ya Mawla'. Even in my country there are shias but I never understood the reasoning behind such acts and why they kept calling out Ali. It all becomes clear

Jazak Allahu Khayran

Main thing to know out of the 73 sects, the ones who follow the 4 madhabs (sunnis) are the ones to go heaven and all the other sects are misguided.

There are a lot of differences between shias and sunnis especially due to the fabricated ahadiths.
Shia Muslims believe that the Imam is sinless by nature, and that his authority is infallible as it comes directly from God.

Oh I didn't know this - can you elaborate a bit on this part please

Jazak Allahu Khayran
Original post by IMBCFC
So what do you do nowadays, some parents are fine with their children having haram relationships and getting married. Even if someone did ask the permission of the sisters father some fathers will be shocked and probably say its up to you two ?

Ive heard that one incident before.

It is up to you two in the end because you decide whether you want to get married to each other but the wali has to give consent. In Islam the female needs consent whereas the male doesn't from neither parent.
It's best to do it the traditional way so there's no shame whatsoever

and those parents don't know what they're doing clearly if there is a haram relationship.
you ask, simple as and that's the best thing to do.

This is not true.
Original post by Mary562
It's makes sense why people call out ' Ya Mawla'. Even in my country there are shias but I never understood the reasoning behind such acts and why they kept calling out Ali. It all becomes clear

Jazak Allahu Khayran

Oh I didn't know this - can you elaborate a bit on this part please

Jazak Allahu Khayran

They also celebrate the prophets SAW birthday which is bidah and innovation, also hurt themselves over certain events and scar themselves. They do this on the day of aashura. http://www.demotix.com/news/1637716/shia-muslims-cut-themselves-during-tatbeer-caravan-muharam#media-1637675

And the imam part. They believe their imams and other imams are sinless, that they are so "righteous" they have no faults. Which is false to the max because only angels are sinless.
They fabricate hadiths aswell. There are many which is bet not to be dwelled upon.

Latest

Trending

Trending