The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
This is not true.

Lol okay. It was narrated from Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood among us and said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three: seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”

Know facts about Islam. Because there are 73 sects mate and those sects are wrongly guided because they changed a lot of things.

I'm not saying the right sect will go straight to heaven, they will be judged but if they follow it correctly. Jannah is there abode.
(edited 9 years ago)
This is not true.

Can you explain it please

EDIT: I just checked about the sects part it is true - what is it you are saying?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
They also celebrate the prophets SAW birthday which is bidah and innovation, also hurt themselves over certain events and scar themselves. They do this on the day of aashura. http://www.demotix.com/news/1637716/shia-muslims-cut-themselves-during-tatbeer-caravan-muharam#media-1637675

And the imam part. They believe their imams and other imams are sinless, that they are so "righteous" they have no faults. Which is false to the max because only angels are sinless.
They fabricate hadiths aswell. There are many which is bet not to be dwelled upon.

Ah okay. So they like to do things their way
Jzk
Original post by Mary562

Above read it. I don't know what he's on about because who doesnt know there are 73 sects and basic facts about what happens?
Above read it. I don't know what he's on about because who doesnt know there are 73 sects and basic facts about what happens?

Yeah I checked myself just now I've edited my post
Original post by Mary562

I'm planning to write a longer answer on this insha'Allah but I'm a bit busy at the moment.

X

I could systematically go through your three posts on this topic and prove that some of what you have mentioned is false but i don't intend to.

I advise you thus: Don't use the internet as a source of your Din, Be tolerant of certain fiqhi ikhtilaaf and Check your understanding with a shaykh's before you spread it.

JazakAllah khair.
sallAllahu Alaihi wassalam - May Peace & blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad.
I'm planning to write a longer answer on this insha'Allah but I'm a bit busy at the moment.

No worries, do quote me when you are done with it

I could systematically go through your three posts on this topic and prove that some of what you have mentioned is false but i don't intend to.

I advise you thus: Don't use the internet as a source of your Din, Be tolerant of certain fiqhi ikhtilaaf and Check your understanding with a shaykh's before you spread it.

JazakAllah khair.

Oh please. This is known all around from scholars.
Original post by kyoti
sallAllahu Alaihi wassalam - May Peace & blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad.

SallAllahu Alayhi Wasalaam
Anyone going to the #WhoIsMuhammad event at Westminster university tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Sheikh Al Wiki Al Islaam has spoken:

Sheikha has spoken:

[video="youtube;lxO3e6X6bRw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxO3e6X6bRw[/video]

:laugh:

lol what a clown
The scholars have clarified this issue. And the hadeeth is not weak.

From Anas that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"The Children of Israa’eel divided into seventy-one sects and the Christians divided into seventy-two sects. And my Ummah shall divide into seventy-three sects, all of them being in the Fire except one sect."

[Related by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak with the Talkhees of adh-Dhahabee (1/128), it is related in Majmoo‘ul Fataawaa (3/340) and (16/491) of Ibn Taymiyyah and ash-Shaatibee in al-I‘tisaam (2/189-191) and by al-‘Iraaqee in Takhreejul Ihyaa (3/230) and Ibn Hajar in Takhreej Ahaadeethul Kashaaf (p. 63). It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no. 203-204, 1492) and in Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah (no. 3225-3227) and in Dhilaalul Jannah (no. 63-67).]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641). It was also classed as hasan by al-‘Iraaqi in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan (3/432), al-‘Iraaqi inTakhreej al-Ihya’ (3/284) and al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Authentic hadiths, tirmidhi and so-forth. I could go on but I won't.
I'm studying an alim course so I don't take my sources from internet especially when these sources are authentic from several scholars.

You think those that create their own sects will taste jannah? What a joke. No laymen, me and you can refute that from scholars who have worked their entire lives for the basis of deen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Anyone going to the #WhoIsMuhammad event at Westminster university tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if I lived in London :frown:
Do let us know what you learnt from it and share :smile:
Original post by Al-farhan
Salaam all.
This is my humble contribution.
No fancy background though, don't know how to make them

Wa alaikum Assalaam this is perfect. I'll vote for this. :smile:

Original post by Al-farhan

one small thing - i should also be in capitals and one e for forever, also bismillah should be a bit bigger so the top middle bit is more covered but apart from that it's all good akhi.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ghost.
x

"In the Qur'an it says, "If you are a member of the faith and then you leave or if you're not a member of the faith, then you deserve death"

So thats in the Qur'an apparently, guess she's chatting rubbish since it isn't n the Qur'an? Been a muslim for many years and it takes big retard to say the Qur'an preaches death to all dem infidels. Not sure why you're linking hadith when she said Qur'an but it's cool.

Basically, if you leave Islam and fight against Allah and his messanger, then yes you can get the death penalty.
(edited 9 years ago)
xxx

Brother no one is saying the narrations are weak. But rather your original statement that the saved sects refers to the "4 madhabs" is what is incorrect.

The fatwa your quoting your hadeeth from explains who the saved sect is:

http://islamqa.info/en/90112

It is not "the 4 madhabs" rather it is what the Prophet said:

"What I and My companions are upon"
Original post by Mary562
Only if I lived in London :frown:
Do let us know what you learnt from it and share :smile:

Will do :smile:
X

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind. They will abide therein: Their penalty will not be lightened, nor will they receive respite" (2:161-162).
"They are (men) whom Allah hath cursed: And those whom Allah Hath cursed, thou wilt find, have no one to help" (4:52).
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Brother no one is saying the narrations are weak. But rather your original statement that the saved sects refers to the "4 madhabs" is what is incorrect.

The fatwa your quoting your hadeeth from explains who the saved sect is:

http://islamqa.info/en/90112

It is not "the 4 madhabs" rather it is what the Prophet said:

"What I and My companions are upon"

I didn't realise I quoted the 4 madhabs
In that fact it is correct. And in all honesty we should be following quran and sunnah which i think you just stated in the quote?
This is what we should be truly following.

P.S. I didn't mean those who follow the 4 madhabs but take heed from it.

Latest

Trending

Trending