The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I need to sit down one whole day to watch and read all the things on here...so useful, thankyou!x
PS do Isha prayer guys!
Original post by Biryani007
Aww that's cute but you could've just private messaged me :colone:

Next time. :colone:
Hope revision is going good for everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9003
Original post by Yasmin Mahmoud
I need to sit down one whole day to watch and read all the things on here...so useful, thankyou!x
PS do Isha prayer guys!

Assalaamu 'alaykum sis, you should come and join in insha'Allah ta'ala :smile:
Original post by Ruh
Assalaamu 'alaykum sis, you should come and join in insha'Allah ta'ala :smile:

walaikum salam :biggrin: I've joined, I'm kind of just reading and watching stuff lol & can't wait for Ramadan some friend told me it comes alive proper then because exams are finished & stuff too :biggrin:
Ramadan nights are basically full of Muslims. Muslims everywhere. Like literally.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Ramadan nights are basically full of Muslims. Muslims everywhere. Like literally.

Not good.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Not good.

I'll agree tbh. Things get very haram.

Don't worry tho Fulaan, I'm on very good behaviour this year insha'Allah.
Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you brother!

Any idea who i can submit my articles to for the Quran error project?

thank you:smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam

So I've talked to TMG about this. Right, so we have no problem taking articles from people.However the articles the articles TMG has to agree with the content of your article. They don't have to be 50 pages long,he just has to give them the thumbs up.

TMG writes the articles, not me, I just make the website etc. So could you please pm some of your refutation articles to TMG and he'll decide they'll go on the site or not.

See some of his articles - http://www.quran-errors.com/ , some are short, some are longer but you'll get the idea what he wants an article to show in terms of referencing etc.
Aafia Siddiqui’s lawyer has demanded evidence from prison officials that she is still alive at the federal prison in Texas where she is being held, despite prison officials’ assertion that she is.

Siddiqui a US trained scientist serving 86 years in Fort Worth Federal prison in Texas after being found guilty of attempted murder of US Army officers and FBI agents in 2010 has not spoken to or seen any family in past one year, said Aafia’s lawyer Steve Downs.

Read: Abduction of tourists: Kidnappers of Czechs demand Aafia’s release

“When members of the Pakistani Consulate tried to visit her at the Federal Medical Center Carswell, they were only shown the back of a woman making it impossible to identify her,” said Downs, who is also the executive director of the National Coalition to Protect Civil Freedoms.

The organisation demanded an examination team that includes Siddiqui’s sister who is a US trained neurologist in Pakistan.

“We believe only by having an independent medical evaluation can the world be assured that she is alive and well,” Siddiqui Downs said at a news conference in Washington.

Meanwhile, Federal Medical Center Carswell spokeswoman Patricia Comstock said she had personally seen Aafia recently. However, Comstock declined to reveal Siddiqui’s medical condition.

In an interview on democracynow.org, Downs said, “She was never charged or convicted of terrorism. Even though there are allegations that have been floated by the US government for years that she was somehow connected with al Qaeda, in fact no evidence has ever been shown, and most of those allegations have been shot down and prove that the—prove to be untrue.”

Militant groups from al Qaeda and its offshoots to the Islamic State (IS) have sought the 42-year-old’s release in exchange for captives, most recently the US journalist James Foley, beheaded by IS in August.

Read: IS had ‘sentenced’ US hostage to death over Aafia Siddiqui’s imprisonment: Activist

In an interview with AFP in Karachi, Siddiqui’s family protested her innocence and despaired at the horrors associated with her name.

Siddiqui’s story, one of the most intriguing of the “war on terror” era, began in March 2003 when al Qaeda number three and alleged main 9/11 architect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was arrested in Karachi.

Mohammed, often referred to by his initials KSM, was handed to the Americans and transferred to Guantanamo Bay, where he was repeatedly waterboarded and “rectally rehydrated” as part of interrogations, according to a Senate report on CIA torture.

Soon after his arrest, Siddiqui suspected of al Qaeda links by the US disappeared along with her three children in Karachi.

The few US media reports about the incident described her as the first woman to be suspected of links to Osama bin Laden’s terror network earning her the moniker “Lady al Qaeda”.

Five years later she turned up in Pakistan’s wartorn neighbour Afghanistan, where she was arrested by local forces in the restive southeastern province of Ghazni.

According to US court papers, she was carrying two kilos of sodium cyanide hidden in moisturiser bottles, along with plans for chemical weapons and New York’s Brooklyn Bridge and Empire State Building.

The Afghans handed her to US forces who began questioning her. During her interrogation she grabbed a rifle and opened fire, according to witnesses, at US agents while screaming “Death to America” and “I want to kill Americans”. The soldiers escaped unhurt, but she was injured.

From Afghanistan, Siddiqui was put on trial in the US and sentenced in 2010 to 86 years for attempted murder and not for any al Qaeda links.

Read: Voicing demands: National jirga calls for Aafia’s release

Much about the case remains unclear where was Siddiqui between her disappearance in 2003 and reappearance in 2008?

Even the US trial judge Richard Berman acknowledged in his verdict that it had “never definitely been established why Dr Siddiqui and her son were in Afghanistan”.

Her supporters claim she was the victim of a secret Pakistan-US plot.

According to her family, Siddiqui and her three children Ahmed, Mariam and little Suleiman, then six months old and today dead were about to leave their house in Gulshan-e-Iqbal town of Karachi for the airport when they were apprehended by Pakistani and US agents.

“When Aafia left, couple of hours or so later, there was a knock at the door. My mom walked to the gate and asked ‘who is it?’” Fowzia Siddiqui, Aafia’s sister told AFP.

“He… said something like: ‘If you say anything or report this to the police, you will have four dead bodies’.”

There was little in Siddiqui’s upbringing in an elite family to suggest her life would pan out as it has.

After a childhood split between Pakistan and Zambia, the 18-year-old Siddiqui travelled to Texas, where her brother lived, before studying at Boston’s prestigious MIT and doing a PhD in neuroscience at Brandeis University.

In the 1990s, her family arranged a marriage for her with Amjad Khan, a Karachi doctor who joined her in the US. Between her studies, she devoted herself to charities and distributing copies of Holy Quran at her university.

From 2001, the couple appeared on the FBI radar for donations to Islamic organisations and the purchase in the husband’s name of $10,000 worth of nightvision goggles, books on warfare and other equipment.

The following year they returned to Pakistan and Aafia asked for a divorce. American officials suspect she has remarried Ammar al Baluchi, KSM’s nephew, though her family deny this.

Some US officials believe Siddiqui was with al Qaeda since her time in America and spent 2003-2008 in Afghanistan with the family of Baluchi, who was arrested in 2003 and interned in Guantanamo.

Her family deny this, while General Pervez Musharraf said he would not have handed a Pakistani over to the US.

“Our views were clear: no Pakistani will ever be handed over to anyone that was our policy and we followed it very strictly,” Musharraf told AFP.

As the “war on terror” winds its way through its second decade, Siddiqui risks going from “Lady al Qaeda” to “Lady Islamic State”, after the Foley episode.

“If the US isn’t doing anything about it, if the Pakistanis don’t do anything about it, people like Daesh (the Islamic State) will exploit the case,” her sister says.

“If Aafia knew about this the way her name is being used, she would be devastated.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/875206/aafia-siddiquis-lawyer-demands-proof-shes-alive-in-texas-prison/
Reminds me of our Pakistani politics arguments. Same argument repeats itself ever now and then :tongue:

Two Muslims disagreeing is fine. The sahaba disagreed on so many things.

But if you persist on discussing this particular disagreement for days, weeks, months, or even years, then you need to ask, what's the benefit? Once both sides have given their reasoning, justification, and counter narrative, then surely you won't persuade the other side through further discussion?
Rather, do you really need to persuade the other side? Is that what is required from us?

If you and your fellow Muslim disagreed on a issue, whether it was a political topic or not, but you were both proactive and productive in your own spheres, then surely a lot would be accomplished. Use the time you spent persuading the other to agree with you, by implementing what you believe and making the world a better, more righteous place.

It was narrated from the sahaba, "we were travelling with the prophet (saw) in Ramadan and some of us fasted whilst others didn't. Those who were fasting didn't criticise those who did, and those who didn't, didn't criticise those who did."
[video="youtube;nLZbMLEZpZ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZbMLEZpZ0[/video]
Reminds me of our Pakistani politics arguments. Same argument repeats itself ever now and then :tongue:

Especially with Pakistani politics, the views are so polarized that an understanding or change of stand is not going to happen.

JazakAllah khayr brother, i will look into it :smile:
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
/.

Dear brother,

I bear witness and put a swear upon Allah swt infront of everyone that this is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

I will give anyone on PM a one to one discussion in-depth, providing every reference as to the truth of what is going on there.

I don't want to debate on here and get banned, so we can take it to PM.

Just to clarify do you revoke your earlier position, and do you now denounce Al Nusra as a terrorist organisation - as they have openly come out to support al Qaeda several times?

If you do, then you are welcome to discuss the issue with me over PM, otherwise its best not to debate on ISOC.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Dear brother,

I bear witness and put a swear upon Allah swt infront of everyone that this is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

I will give anyone on PM a one to one discussion in-depth, providing every reference as to the truth of what is going on there.

I don't want to debate on here and get banned, so we can take it to PM.

Just to clarify do you revoke your earlier position, and do you now denounce Al Nusra as a terrorist organisation - as they have openly come out to support al Qaeda several times?

If you do, then you are welcome to discuss the issue with me over PM, otherwise its best not to debate on ISOC.

Then i bear witness you are an apologist for a regime of terror and inhumanity.

I've seen your "refrences" globalresearch.ca the one stop shop for conspiriciy nuts and press.tv the iranian tool.

Explain to me what my "earlier position" was and when it is stated, i dont remember anything about it so id like you to bring it forth so i may deal woth it if appropriate? And while we are on the subject, do you revoke your support for the terrorist group hizbul nifaaq?

I'll debate on the isoc as long as you insist on posting your irainian propoganda here and are silent of their crimes. You don't want me to debate? Then cut the politics in the isoc.
(edited 8 years ago)
For those who smoke weed ??? Basically people I know who smoke weed say because ramadhan is approaching us 40 days before ramadhan they stop. How does this affect their iman ? Are there fasts valid then ?
Original post by redleader1
For those who smoke weed ??? Basically people I know who smoke weed say because ramadhan is approaching us 40 days before ramadhan they stop. How does this affect their iman ? Are there fasts valid then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No,Islam says you shouldn't take intoxicating drugs I believe.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but when you do, your are impure for 40 days. So 40 days before ramadhan people stop, and are therefore pure enough for ramadhan ??
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sup brother. How's c1 going bro. Have you done all the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest