The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;J4elb9qdTRA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4elb9qdTRA[/video]
Aao brothers and sisters! I hope you are all well. This is random but ive just come to share with you and also make you realise that VERILY in the rememberance of Allah do hearts find rest. I honestly am the biggest biggest proof of this verse of the Quran. I have found rest in the rememberance of Allah. It wallahi makes my eyes tear up. Im so greatful to him in everyway.

Ive always read namaz and it was always something i thought of something i had to do as a muslim. I didnt understand what i was saying or what the words meant... I was simply just reading because i had to.

I came across a video clip on youtube. Mufti menk, May Allah reward that pious man had made a video in which he says
I challenege you to understand the words of the Namaaz that you read and wallahi it will change your life.

I testify that it HAS changed my life. I am overwhelmed as i type as Allah has been soo merciful! Wallahi in Namaz i start crying tears flow down my cheek. I cant even explain how i feel. Wallahi its something completely out of this world. Ive become so attached to Allah and his prophet and the Qu'ran and my life has CHANGED.
I dedicate less time to revision now- before i was like if i read Qu'ran or naamaz its going to take up so much time... How am i going to revise? So i used to revise soo much yet i got U's.

Ive been taking time in Namaz, readung Quran and ive gone straight from U's to B's in a matter of days. That with less time dedicated to revision.

Brothers and sisters, please understand the words that you read in Namaz and i promise you, it will change your life.

Please remember me in your Duas and please pray to Allah that i become a Doctor by his Help and his help only.

JazakAllah! I will keep all of you Muslims who stay on the path of Allah SWT in my duas.

May Allah grant us all Jannah.
Ameen

Salam.
Your sister in Islam. X :smile:
Original post by alevels2k15
Aao brothers and sisters! I hope you are all well. This is random but ive just come to share with you and also make you realise that VERILY in the rememberance of Allah do hearts find rest. I honestly am the biggest biggest proof of this verse of the Quran. I have found rest in the rememberance of Allah. It wallahi makes my eyes tear up. Im so greatful to him in everyway.

Ive always read namaz and it was always something i thought of something i had to do as a muslim. I didnt understand what i was saying or what the words meant... I was simply just reading because i had to.

I came across a video clip on youtube. Mufti menk, May Allah reward that pious man had made a video in which he says
I challenege you to understand the words of the Namaaz that you read and wallahi it will change your life.

I testify that it HAS changed my life. I am overwhelmed as i type as Allah has been soo merciful! Wallahi in Namaz i start crying tears flow down my cheek. I cant even explain how i feel. Wallahi its something completely out of this world. Ive become so attached to Allah and his prophet and the Qu'ran and my life has CHANGED.
I dedicate less time to revision now- before i was like if i read Qu'ran or naamaz its going to take up so much time... How am i going to revise? So i used to revise soo much yet i got U's.

Ive been taking time in Namaz, readung Quran and ive gone straight from U's to B's in a matter of days. That with less time dedicated to revision.

Brothers and sisters, please understand the words that you read in Namaz and i promise you, it will change your life.

Please remember me in your Duas and please pray to Allah that i become a Doctor by his Help and his help only.

JazakAllah! I will keep all of you Muslims who stay on the path of Allah SWT in my duas.

Ameen

Salam.

Walaikum Salam,

All praise belongs to Allah swt, it was really inspiring to hear of your transformation and i also repeat the great words - if we understand the words we are saying in salah, who we pray to, become disciplined and more complete human beings, it reaps rewards.

InshAllah you become a doctor , also do dua for me too :smile:
Original post by Tawheed
Walaikum Salam,All praise belongs to Allah swt, it was really inspiring to hear of your transformation and i also repeat the great words - if we understand the words we are saying in salah, who we pray to, become disciplined and more complete human beings, it reaps rewards.InshAllah you become a doctor , also do dua for me too :smile:

I agree 100%
Ive also noticed that as i have grown closer to Allah, there are more sins that seem to be evident around me and calling me towards them... Yet Alhamdulillah, im always able to ward them off by the help of Allah SWT.
JazakAllah! I have you all in my prayers and duas and i Pray we all meet together one day in Janaah. Ameen :')
Original post by Untitled.
Was it that he said it out loud as opposed to writing it?

Yes and he expected those who were reading to say it out loud too
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Yes and he expected those who were reading to say it out loud too

:smile:

Someone ask a question on my behalf Insha'Allah.
I have a question

Allah doesnt burden a soul greater than it can bare, right?

So what about those people who commit suicide? Surely these people just couldnt deal with their problems and consequently took their own lives i.e. they were burdened until they couldnt cope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by husband material
I have a questionAllah doesnt burden a soul greater than it can bare, right?So what about those people who commit suicide? Surely these people just couldnt deal with their problems and consequently took their own lives i.e. they were burdened until they couldnt copePosted from TSR Mobile

verily Allah the greatest, the merciful does not. Those people gave up before they gave Allah a chance to help them out. Thats what i believe personally.
verily Allah the greatest, the merciful does not. Those people gave up before they gave Allah a chance to help them out. Thats what i believe personally.

But that doesn't really address the issue. Yes, they may have found a way out if they just held on for a little longer as with hardship comes ease :yes:

But the point is that they came to a point in their lives where they felt that they had no way out. Their souls were burdened too much. They just couldnt cope... And so they ended up killing themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I have a question

So what about those people who commit suicide? Surely these people just couldnt deal with their problems and consequently took their own lives i.e. they were burdened until they couldnt cope

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all psychological, most of the time they just think they can't bear something when in fact they can...it's about your thought process more than the problems you face imo...
But that doesn't really address the issue. Yes, they may have found a way out if they just held on for a little longer as with hardship comes ease :yes:But the point is that they came to a point in their lives where they felt that they had no way out. Their souls were burdened too much. They just couldnt cope... And so they end up killing themselves?Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! With hardships comes ease. This is where my point comes in... Those people gave up! As allah doesn't burden a soul more than they can take, the people were not burdened. They could take it. They just had to wait for Allah. Be patient.
InAllaha Ma' As'sabireen. Verily Allah is with the patient.
I believe those people gave up due to lacking trust in Allah SWT and lacking emaan. If only they had turned to Allah. Allah would have been there for them. Trust me.
It could be the possibility that the hardship that overcame their lives was a test from Allah SWT. By taking their lives they failed his test.
I am no scholar and Allah knows best.
This is my interpretation of this issue.
Wallahi, if you have emaan and trust in Allah and his Book, any argument put forth against Allah you will find you will have an answer for it. Even if you are not a scholar. I have seen this in myself. Knowledge is Noor. I have gained that Noor by focusing just What Allah has taught me and obeying him.

Just out of interest...what religion are you?
Original post by redleader1
Why do we think people are losing their imaan? I mean many people don't care about religion and prayer.

Is anyone here like the only person in the household to prayer ? If I have like 10 people at my house ill be the only one to get up whilst everyone else just sits there.

Why do people not care ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Various reasons, depending on the individual. A significant one is the lack of inner interaction we have with Islam and the lack of reflection.

Original post by Sammi_K?
Okay so i have a question:

1) how can an all loving god, all "just" god, give such a evil punishment? He loves us more than our own mothers but is ready to burn us for all eternity. How is this justified? I disobey my mother on a daily basis and i hurt her a lot, but she doesnt burn me up or beat me up to punish me... So how is it justifiable for god to do so?

Hi Sammi, I think I recall having discussed this issue in the past? Perhaps a separate thread would be more suitable :smile:

Ameen

Salam.

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Sister, please do take a look at the posts on the first page of this thread and feel free to share vids/talks/articles which you find beneficial so that we can all eat fruit from the same bunch, inshaAllah.

Original post by Tawheed

SubhaanAllah, it reminds me of a hadeeth from Rasoolullah

The Prophet (ﷺ ) said, "Safeguard Allah and He will safeguard you. Safeguard Allah and you will find Him in front of you. Know Allah in times of ease and He will know you in times of hardship. When you ask, ask Allah. When you seek aid, turn to Allah. The Pen has dried (after having written) all that will occur. If the whole of creation, in its entirety, was to try and effectuate some benefit for you through something that Allah has not ordained, they would not be able to do so; and if they wished to harm you through something that Allah has not decreed, they would not be able to do so. Know that great good lies in bearing with patience what you dislike, that victory comes with patience, that relief comes with distress, and that with hardship comes ease."'
[Ahmad #2803]

I have a question

Posted from TSR Mobile

These people, as everyone else, were given the capacity to bear and Allah ta'ala has blessed us with means by which we can deal with the struggles of life. Each individual is on a different level of faith, each one will have different strengths and weaknesses, some may have a more multifaceted faith than others, some may downplay the importance of Divine decree, some may exaggerate the extent of personal fault, some may excel other in patience, some may excel others in tawakkul. It's a sensitive issue which is deserving of exhaustive discussion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9834
Original post by Tawheed

What's your position on those asking Ali RA to help them?
assalamalaykum , my question is for any uni students, how did you go about paying for uni without taking out the loan that has interest. is interest permissible say if you have no other way to pay for uni because no family member is going to lend me 9000? and i also was told by a friend if you pay the uni say 1000 a year there will not be any interest? tbh im really confused about this whole interest thing

Ameen

Salam.

Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah :smile:

Alhamdulillah, Allah guides whom he wills. Thanks for sharing. May Allah keep your heart and our hearts firm on this religion.

Jazakillah to you too :h:

Ameen, may He grant us all Jannah
Reply 9837
Original post by s.c.a1
assalamalaykum , my question is for any uni students, how did you go about paying for uni without taking out the loan that has interest. is interest permissible say if you have no other way to pay for uni because no family member is going to lend me 9000? and i also was told by a friend if you pay the uni say 1000 a year there will not be any interest? tbh im really confused about this whole interest thing

According to Sheikh Haitham its permissible.
Original post by s.c.a1

Walaykum asalaam
I don't think you'll get many responses on here I asked a similar question a while ago as well.
There are different opinions on this.
Reply 9839
Original post by Mary562
Walaykum asalaam
I don't think you'll get many responses on here I asked a similar question a while ago as well.
There are different opinions on this.

To be honest, all the 'Scholars' who oppose it have explicitly allowed Islamic Mortgages and a whole host of Shariah Compliant instruments (loans etc).

I've just done an entire study on Islamic Finance and i'm telling you its all fraud, so before they say anything they need to look at what alternatives they've given, because so far you have two choices, take the loan or don't go to University.

Latest

Trending

Trending