The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ash92:)
If you have an issue with moderation, please take your concerns to AAM. Remember that all moderators are volunteers and must take time aside from their own preoccupations in order to work to make this place better and tidy up the threads.

Lol I was just kidding. I appreciate the hard work you guys put in.
Original post by BCMFM16
I have no respect for those who take stuff like that as a joke. They are just promoting Islamic hate and aren't benefitting the Ummrah

I agree. It's so childish and quite stupid.
Original post by HAnwar
I agree. It's so childish and quite stupid.

I'm glad to see someone else who is on the same page as me :smile:
Original post by BCMFM16
I'm glad to see someone else who is on the same page as me :smile:

Cool :yy:
Az-Zuhri, may Allah have mercy on him, said,

“We would come to a scholar and what we learned from his manners was more beloved to us than his knowledge.”

Hilyat Al-Awliya 4575

Imam Malik, may Allah have mercy on him, said,

“Knowledge is a light that Allah places wherever He wills. It does not consist of memorizing many narrations.”

Hilyat Al-Awliya 8987

Imam Malik, may Allah have mercy on him, said,

“Knowledge is not memorizing many narrations. Verily, knowledge is only a light that Allah places in the hearts.”

Al-Imla’ ila ‘Ilm 114
Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, said,

“If a lost sheep under my care were to die on the banks of the Euphrates, I would expect Allah the Exalted to question me about it on the Day of Resurrection.”

Hilyat Al-Awliya 137
وعن سعد بن أبي وقاص رضي الله عنه في حديثه الطويل الذي قدمناه في أول الكتاب في باب النية أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال له‏:‏ "‏ وإنك لن تنفق تبغي بها وجه الله إلا أجرت بها حتى ما تجعل في في امرأتك‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
Sa'd bin Abu Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported in a Hadith included in the chapter of Intention, that Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Whatever you spend seeking thereby the Pleasure of Allah, will have its reward, even the morsel which you put in the mouth of your wife".
(agreed upon)

[Riyaad as-Saaliheen - recorded in the Sahihayn]
The Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said:

Indeed the cure for ignorance is to ask.

Hasan - related by Aboo Daawood (332), Ibn Maajah (464) and Ahmad (1/380) and declared to be hasan by Shaykh al-Albaanee in asSaheehah (4323).
It is reported that Ibn al-Mubarak (rahimahullah) said:

"A small deed may be great because of the intention behind it; and a great deed may be insignificant because fo the intention behind it."

[Taken from Jaami' al-'Uloom wal-Hikaam]
Imam Ibn al-Qayyim's (rahimahullah) advice on developing love for Allah 'azza wa jall:

[Taken from Gems and Jewels, by Abdul Malik Mujahid]
Original post by BCMFM16
I have no respect for those who take stuff like that as a joke. They are just promoting Islamic hate and aren't benefitting the Ummrah

Are you aware that this is a scene from a satirical film?
praise and  istighfar.jpg

[Taken from Gems and Jewels, by Abdul Malik Mujahid]
(edited 9 years ago)
Shaitan (Satan) threatens you with poverty and orders you to commit Fahsha (evil deeds, illegal sexual intercourse, sins etc.); whereas Allah promises you Forgiveness from Himself and Bounty, and Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower

[Quran 2:268]

"

…. Beware of the devil, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things."

[Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) - Last Sermon]
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Are you aware that this is a scene from a satirical film?

That doesn't make it any better.
Original post by HAnwar
That doesn't make it any better.

It doesn't make what better? That the premise of the joke is distasteful or that the effect of the joke is potentially harmful (i.e. encouraging islamophobia)?
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
It doesn't make what better? That the premise of the joke is distasteful or that the effect of the joke is potentially harmful (i.e. encouraging islamophobia)?

Both.

Latest

Trending

Trending