Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hair advice? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I really want to style my hair so it flicks up at the front or have a faux-hawk. But every time i try to do this with gel the spikes keep dropping down and it doesn't stay up. Is this because of my hair or is it because of my £3 gel?

Also at the front of my hair (the fringe) is always sways to left and i REALLY don't like it. I think you call it a quiff? My mum told me that when i was a kid she used up brush my hair to the left, so it's probably because of that. How do i stop it from happening as i really don't like it.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxi365)
    Hi guys. I really want to style my hair so it flicks up at the front or have a faux-hawk. But every time i try to do this with gel the spikes keep dropping down and it doesn't stay up. Is this because of my hair or is it because of my £3 gel?

Also at the front of my hair (the fringe) is always sways to left and i REALLY don't like it. I think you call it a quiff? My mum told me that when i was a kid she used up brush my hair to the left, so it's probably because of that. How do i stop it from happening as i really don't like it.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Photos or it never happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    Photos or it never happened.
    Sorry don't want to upload a picture on here lol. But this isn't a troll or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry don't want to upload a picture on here lol. But this isn't a troll or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I can't help you. Firstly, are you black or white or inbetwixt? The hair type helps here.

Also, "flicks at the front?"

And you might be getting a styling gel that has too much water.

Or you're putting far far too much, silly.

Just put some in your hands like you're lotioning, and rub it in your palms, and rake it through and style.

Lemme know how it goes. :crossedf:

Also,
    do you mean pompadour hairstyle?
    Or faux hawk?
    Minor difference. I believe pomp rakes back or over while sitting down.
    Faux stands up in the middle....

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't help you. Firstly, are you black or white or inbetwixt? The hair type helps here.

Also, "flicks at the front?"

And you might be getting a styling gel that has too much water.

Or you're putting far far too much, silly.

Just put some in your hands like you're lotioning, and rub it in your palms, and rake it through and style.

Lemme know how it goes. :crossedf:

Also,
    do you mean pompadour hairstyle?
    Or faux hawk?
    Minor difference. I believe pomp rakes back or over while sitting down.
    Faux stands up in the middle....
    I'm brown. Hair type?

And yeah spikey hair at the front (fringe). As in not spikey all over, but just the front.

That's the problem. First i just grab about two fingertips of gel. Then although the basic form (shape) of spikes is there, some hairs just start to drop down. So i then put more on so it stays up, buy no matter how much I put on it keeps happening.

And yeah i meant faux (spikes along the middle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm brown. Hair type?

And yeah spikey hair at the front (fringe). As in not spikey all over, but just the front.

That's the problem. First i just grab about two fingertips of gel. Then although the basic form (shape) of spikes is there, some hairs just start to drop down. So i then put more on so it stays up, buy no matter how much I put on it keeps happening.

And yeah i meant faux (spikes along the middle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't a fringe like...swiping across the brow?
    And if that is happening, you have split ends.
    No joke. I'm being serious.
    I am an avid gel user and I am not white, I am also brown.
    You have to have clean, healthy hair before using that stuff or it'll make it worse and look rather stupid.
    Condition your hair, your hair is dry if it crinkles it or if your hair still flicks up.

ReputationRep:
    Spikes? Can you post a Google pic of an example..?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421027495.134261.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  98.5 KB

No not a fringe that goes to my eyebrows. Its like the picture except my hair doesn't come down to my forehead. Its like its combed over if you get what i mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spikes? Can you post a Google pic of an example..?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421027607.937428.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  38.5 KB

I mean like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421027607.937428.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  38.5 KB

I mean like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okayy.
    And what his hair is doing at the top, yours won't??

ReputationRep:
    No it won't. When i apply the gel most of my hair looks like the picture, but a few hairs down the front (near my forehead) drop down and it doesn't look right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.