TomL97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have received offers when I check my Ucas track and they are all conditional offers, but I haven't received a confirmation letter from any of the universities. It has been almost a week and I am happy with the offers. However, I was wondering, do Ucas post ALL of the conditions that the university is offering me? I just don't want a suprise when I open my conformation letter :/ any information would be really appriciated, thank you.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any conditions will be shown on ucas track. That's the only way official offers can be made, so even if they wrote to you and said that you must take all your exams standing on one leg whilst wearing a kilt and reciting the national anthem backwards they wouldn't be able to enforce it.

Not all unis will write to you. Some will only send stuff later. Some might even just put things on their website (eg application deadlines) so get into the habit of checking there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TomL97
Rep:
?
Thank you this is very helpful, the funny thing is I received a letter this morning from one of my first choices haha but thank you anyway this information is very helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dhash95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is UCAS the first to notify us abt offers or will the unis send us an email first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dhash95)
Is UCAS the first to notify us abt offers or will the unis send us an email first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on the uni, but the offer isn't official until it's on Track

Posted from TSR Mobile
rhiannon277
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TomL97)
I have received offers when I check my Ucas track and they are all conditional offers, but I haven't received a confirmation letter from any of the universities. It has been almost a week and I am happy with the offers. However, I was wondering, do Ucas post ALL of the conditions that the university is offering me? I just don't want a suprise when I open my conformation letter :/ any information would be really appriciated, thank you.
It seems not all universities send confirmation letters. Usually the info shown on UCAS is correct but if you want to check, ring admissions at the relevant unis. My brothers never received confirmation letters from Newcastle, Aberystwyth, Kent or Reading. In fact the only ones they did get them from were Manchester, Durham and Birmingham but the conditions shown on Ucas matched those in the letters.
Dhash95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
It depends on the uni, but the offer isn't official until it's on Track

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thnks Juno

Posted from TSR Mobile
TomL97
Rep:
?
Thanks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?