The Student Room Group

problems with meeting offers

hello,
in my offer from my uni i need to get an A in chemistry, i got one last year but this year i'm pretty certain i'm going to get a C or D even. the thing is though, its not completely my fault - i've had 5 different chemistry teachers this year cos they all keep leaving. do you think this counts as extentuaiting cirumstances? and if so, how do i tell my uni about it?
Reply 1
You need your head of sixth form (or college) to send a letter to your chosen Uni's, but I am afraid you may have left it too late.
Reply 2
c or d from a could be a prob. I dont think uni will let u drop 2 or 3 grades-u cant blame that for it
Reply 3
explain to your university- phone them up now and ask the admissions what their position is if you don't acheive the grades- it will also depend on how you did in your other sunjects. Speak to them again when you get your results.
You may just be blowing your chemistry mark out of proportion- remember that ur A from last year is 50% of the grade, so you mite be able to get a B, in which case the university will at least discuss it with you (probably)
good luck!

Latest