Turn on thread page Beta

Help getting that 2.1 with this (or any) coursework question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The question to the coursework I got given is as:
    "Critically evaluate the view that no one model of the offending behaviour of children and young people exclusively explains the problem"

My lecturer said if you list the models and then just state theories the max you will get is a 2.2

I'm confused into how I can get a 2.1, like what views would I have to critically evaluate?

If you had a question like this in your course, please explain how you answered to get a 2.1 or above

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess you'd critically evaluate what each models fails to account for and its shortfalls in explaining what they are trying to explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is black and white, and it is most likely highly multifaceted. For instance one model may rely too much on sociology, one on biology etc. Is there a coherent theory - missing anything that can be gained from the more specific ones?

Just have to think around them a bit - not that I have even heard of any such theories, just assumptions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    Well I guess you'd critically evaluate what each models fails to account for and its shortfalls in explaining what they are trying to explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so kinda like criticisms of the model?

ReputationRep:
    One model isn't enough sometimes - for ex a kid is peer pressured to laugh at a geek.
    Analise the other factors as well that lead to that behaviour and say why they are more important(maybe?) than one model.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.