How is Ucl engineering regarded ?

ReputationRep:
    I was going to troll on how Imperial is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masoudy)
    I was going to troll on how Imperial is better
    haha in every way i guess...:/ thats my problem

ReputationRep:
    UCL doesn't even come close, the only other choice you have is Cambridge. I would wait another year and apply for Cambridge and Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRforum)
    UCL doesn't even come close, the only other choice you have is Cambridge. I would wait another year and apply for Cambridge and Imperial.
    Yeah but i could do just a Bsc at UCL. Getting a first should not be that hard and then go for Masters at Imperial or Oxbridge. This saves me a whole year and i think is not worse than doing Bsc and Msc at one of the other unis. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eepero)
    Yeah but i could do just a Bsc at UCL. Getting a first should not be that hard and then go for Masters at Imperial or Oxbridge. This saves me a whole year and i think is not worse than doing Bsc and Msc at one of the other unis. What do you think?
    What engineering course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    What engineering course are you doing?
    Mech eng

ReputationRep:
    Chem eng
    I would apply to Manchester and Leeds over UCL.
    Better student satisfaction, teaching, accommodation etc.

Then do your masters at Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    I would apply to Manchester and Leeds over UCL.
    Better student satisfaction, teaching, accommodation etc.

Then do your masters at Oxbridge.
    I wont have trouble doing my masters at Oxbridge after graduating from UCL though would i? A first from UCL can get you a place at Oxbridge i guess... Its 5th in the world after all in the QS

ReputationRep:
    I wont have trouble doing my masters at Oxbridge after graduating from UCL though would i? A first from UCL can get you a place at Oxbridge i guess... Its 5th in the world after all in the QS
    If your goal is to do a masters at Oxbridge/Imperial I would get a first from those universities you want to do a masters at otherwise it is never guaranteed. Imperial has a 37% acceptance rate as opposed to Oxbridges 10%. I would suggest you apply for Imperial and wait a year, however you needs an A* in Maths and Chemistry and 2 other As. If you don't have those then apply for UCL.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.