Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which Monarch from history would you choose to be? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you could choose any monarch from history to be, for their reign/rule, who would it be?

I am not sure, but would choose someone who: was very secure in their reign/rule (i.e. you could do what you like without the risk of revolution), was extremely rich, had great military power so that no foreign force could come and depose you, etc.

ReputationRep:
    King Arthur, cos he was badass innit.

ReputationRep:
    Marcus Aurelius. Ruling one of the most powerful and most developed empires in history at its height, all while being all humble and philosophical about it.

ReputationRep:
    King Edward IV
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Elizabeth Woodsville, or her daughter Elizabeth of York, or her granddaughter Elizabeth I.

That's a lot of Elizabeths...

EDIT: Elizabeth Woodsville was f***ing badass. I thought Elizabeth I was but her great grandmother owns that title.

ReputationRep:
    William of Orange. He implemented the most important event in British history the Glorious Revolution and created the British state with the English Bill of Rights. He created the national debt and bank of England to build up the Royal Navy to protect British trade against the Spanish and French. He fought in battles to liberate the British Isles from the Jacobite French. He started the War of Spanish Succession which stop France in its attempt to dominate Europe and North America. He also protected his country of birth Holland in the process.

ReputationRep:
    Friedrick the Great

ReputationRep:
    The Dark Lord Sauron

ReputationRep:
    I would choose Empress Elizabeth of Russia: richest court in Europe at the time, powerful, autocrat, a beauty by the standards of the day, father is Peter the Great, get to live during the enlightenment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hard to say. I would love to be a monarch in these days, just because the potential of destroying the mankind is very high. But to establish this enormous potential, I need the power of an absolutist monarch. Fortnately there are really some countries where absolutist monarchies exist. From this point of view I would be Abdullah ibn Abd al-Aziz.

ReputationRep:
    Augustus. Assuming that I am allowed to be an Emperor rather than purely a Monarch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Augustus. Assuming that I am allowed to be an Emperor rather than purely a Monarch.
    Emperors are monarchs, aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Technically yes, I just don't know if what the OP really meant was pick a king/queen.

ReputationRep:
    No, that's a monarch:

And that's an emperor:

Am I the only one who knows his biology in here ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    No, that's a monarch:

And that's an emperor:

Am I the only one who knows his biology in here ...
    Why do STEM students always have to ruin everything?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    ^This.

ReputationRep:
    Catherine de Medici without doubt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    ^This.
    It was juuust a joke ...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    It was juuust a joke ...
    I don't know why some members are so annoying whenever seriousness gets lost. Your joke was very nice.

ReputationRep:
    Elizabeth of York. I would say Elizabeth I but I think she was rather lonely at times. Elizabeth Woodeville is also someone I really love in history, however she went through such a bad time after Edward died. I would of loved to be Queen Anne Boleyn (but only up until the end of 1535, when she was pregnant for the third time), before she lost her two babies.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.