Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how was the exam guys? It seemed easy but it seemd to me there were a few technical questions.......what do you think??

ReputationRep:
    Its easy in general but not the last question i think... #sigh

ReputationRep:
    I was confused abt the photoelectric question...the one with the kinetic energy....might lose a couple of marks on that one :/
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by massheadache)
    how was the exam guys? It seemed easy but it seemd to me there were a few technical questions.......what do you think??
    Hi there,

just to let you know I've moved this to the Physics exams forum

ReputationRep:
    So how did you guys find it??

ReputationRep:
    I feel it's kinda difficult.. I didn't have enough time to check my paper.there were questions I just anyhow wrote something like the diode question =.= questions like comment on accuracy or comment on the range of the size of the gap made me feel I was doing unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i felt it was pretty easy, MCQs were pretty straight forward too.
    i think this paper was just a joke compared to unit 1.
    only question that bothered me most (even though it was just a 1-marker) was the one of suggesting an advantage for pulse-echo technique. had no clue :confused:
    the bad thing about the paper being easy are the grade boundaries, they will be high as fu**

ReputationRep:
    yeah the accuracy questions made me think it was unit 3.....that was annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafavel97)
    only question that bothered me most (even though it was just a 1-marker) was the one of suggesting an advantage for pulse-echo technique. had no clue :confused:
    the bad thing about the paper being easy are the grade boundaries, they will be high as fu**
    probably :/ and abt the pulse echo question I wrote no transmitter needed inside room and less wavelength so more details....can anyone tell wheather that was right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafavel97)
    the MCQ's were okay I guess....can u tell me you'r answer to the one with the longitudinal wave with the points X and Y
    which one did u choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by massheadache)
    probably :/ and abt the pulse echo question I wrote no transmitter needed inside room and less wavelength so more details....can anyone tell wheather that was right?
    I wrote no transmitter needed also.

ReputationRep:
    can someone plz help??

IAL physics Edexcel question help required.
    These syllabus points are not mentioned in several books,can someone explain them please?
    Topic: Waves
    1- discuss situations that require the accuratedetermination of refractive index
    2- investigate and explain how to measure the rotation ofthe plane of polarization
    3- explain how diffraction experiments provide evidence forthe wave nature of electrons
    4- discuss how scientific ideas may change over time e.g.our ideas on the particle/wave nature of electrons
    5- discuss the social and ethical issues that need to beconsidered e.g. when developing and trialing new medical techniques on patientsor when funding a space mission

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=A84;52914599]can someone plz help??

These syllabus points are not mentioned in several books,can someone explain them please?

Well here I go!
    1. where the material can be identified using Refractive Index (it was in question paper abt some plastics)
    2.Use polaroid filter.Make sure intensity highest at start. Rotate until intensity drops to minimum or zero. Measure angle in between from middle of start to middle of end.
    3.Diffraction is only for waves because for it to occur there must be a wavelength which a property of wave
    4.This was also in year question.Cathode rays were deemed waves...later shown that they contained electrons but still diffracted.Conclusions: Electrons are particles yet behave like waves
    5.The amount of impact or how the impact affects the body/environment must be considered.Ex:X-rays must not be used to provide image of fetus unless absolutely necessary.This one depends on the question I guess
    P.s: I did the best I could....plz don't fault me with any mistakes and I am just looking to help not to show-off or anything like that...u should ask others as well

ReputationRep:
    unit3 anyone? IAL? what are you guys doing for it?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=massheadache;52915319]
    (Original post by A84)
    can someone plz help??

Well here I go!
    1. where the material can be identified using Refractive Index (it was in question paper abt some plastics)
    2.Use polaroid filter.Make sure intensity highest at start. Rotate until intensity drops to minimum or zero. Measure angle in between from middle of start to middle of end.
    3.Diffraction is only for waves because for it to occur there must be a wavelength which a property of wave
    4.This was also in year question.Cathode rays were deemed waves...later shown that they contained electrons but still diffracted.Conclusions: Electrons are particles yet behave like waves
    5.The amount of impact or how the impact affects the body/environment must be considered.Ex:X-rays must not be used to provide image of fetus unless absolutely necessary.This one depends on the question I guess
    P.s: I did the best I could....plz don't fault me with any mistakes and I am just looking to help not to show-off or anything like that...u should ask others as well

Thank you, I still need details… but ur try is worthgetting me started. Thanks! I am to appear in the examination this may!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 14, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.