Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm thinking of applying for uni last minute thing. I've not started any of the applications or personal statement, would I make it in time?
    How long does it take to apply for uni?

I finished college in sept 2013. I did BTEC LVL 3 animal management, grade - DDD.

I've worked since but I'm unemployed atm, will this hinder my application?

Im a 21 yo male with several social activities I'm involved in if that helps ease the uneployment.

Thanks for your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beejaje09)
    Hey I'm thinking of applying for uni last minute thing. I've not started any of the applications or personal statement, would I make it in time?

I finished college in sept 2013. I did BTEC LVL 3 animal management, grade - DDD.

Im a 21 yo male with several social activities I'm involved in if that helps ease the uneployment.

Thanks for your time.
    If you haven't started applying yet for the 2015 intake I advice you to START RIGHT NOW! also it depends on the course you want to apply to some art and design courses have deadlines in March. If not I advice you to go get your reference immediately and start with your personal statement. Fortunately the UCAS is easier than Common application and Universal application so if you have all your information and start now you will be able to finish by the 15th also remember the application will be given equal consideration when submitted before the 15, 1800 GMT. Good luck with your application.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Beejaje09)

Thanks for your time.
    The thing that is likely to cause the most problems and make you miss the deadline is your reference. This needs to be complete before you can submit your application and if you're unemployed will probably need to come from either an old employer or from your college/school.

The January deadline isn't a hard and fast rule - a LOT of courses and universities will accept applications after the deadline. It might be better to apply in February with a considered application and a good reference than to rush it all through in 2 days. This depends on your universities and subject though so once you have got in touch with someone to do your reference then get on the phone to the universities you're considering and ask them about their likelihood of accepting applications after the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks fellow united follower

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.