The Student Room Group

Need help! Pleas can anybody answer some of my questions? thanks?

Hey I'm thinking of applying for uni last minute thing. I've not started any of the applications or personal statement, would I make it in time?
How long does it take to apply for uni?

I finished college in sept 2013. I did BTEC LVL 3 animal management, grade - DDD.

I've worked since but I'm unemployed atm, will this hinder my application?

Im a 21 yo male with several social activities I'm involved in if that helps ease the uneployment.

Thanks for your time.
Original post by Beejaje09
Hey I'm thinking of applying for uni last minute thing. I've not started any of the applications or personal statement, would I make it in time?

I finished college in sept 2013. I did BTEC LVL 3 animal management, grade - DDD.

Im a 21 yo male with several social activities I'm involved in if that helps ease the uneployment.

Thanks for your time.

If you haven't started applying yet for the 2015 intake I advice you to START RIGHT NOW! also it depends on the course you want to apply to some art and design courses have deadlines in March. If not I advice you to go get your reference immediately and start with your personal statement. Fortunately the UCAS is easier than Common application and Universal application so if you have all your information and start now you will be able to finish by the 15th also remember the application will be given equal consideration when submitted before the 15, 1800 GMT. Good luck with your application.
Original post by Beejaje09

Thanks for your time.

The thing that is likely to cause the most problems and make you miss the deadline is your reference. This needs to be complete before you can submit your application and if you're unemployed will probably need to come from either an old employer or from your college/school.

The January deadline isn't a hard and fast rule - a LOT of courses and universities will accept applications after the deadline. It might be better to apply in February with a considered application and a good reference than to rush it all through in 2 days. This depends on your universities and subject though so once you have got in touch with someone to do your reference then get on the phone to the universities you're considering and ask them about their likelihood of accepting applications after the deadline.
Reply 3
Thanks fellow united follower :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending