Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I've been with this girl around 3 months now and I recently told her that I love her however she does not feel the same or isn't at that point yet. I'm so heartbroken because I was convinced she did.

Did I say this too soon? I can't help how I feel though.
    Should I have told her?

We are still together and she makes me so happy as I to her. She tells me things like she misses me or is going to miss me whenever we are apart and how she really does care about me and has strong feelings for me. She always asks for kisses when we're out in public and cuddles.

Do I just have to play the waiting game? Does it sound like she is close to where I am right now?

ReputationRep:
    If you're still okay with being friends with her, remain so. You may have jumped the gun on your feelings, if you confess them and your partner doesn't, you're bound to feel unhappy. So yeah, just wait till she says the same (but make sure you don't do anything that makes her lose those feelings)

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people don't give themselves up very easily for reasons of self preservation which you can totally understand. I think if the guy I loved told me they loved me I probably wouldn't dive right in I'd be completely suspicious and question whether I'm lovable and all crazy kinds of **** before I even thought about saying that I loved anyone.

I have no idea what she's thinking. I literally could be from oh not sure to I feel the same but can't say it. For the time being don't make any assumptions because she hasn't left you yet I think you'll just have to work out her feelings as time goes on. Try not to get overly lovey dovey and just be your normal self because obviously somethings working as she's still seeing you.

Edit: Sorry just realised that you said she doesn't like me like that or isn't at the place yet. Are you taking that from her having said these things or because she didn't say it back

ReputationRep:
    No drop the hoe. She either isn't THAT into you, or there is someone else that she likes I'm afraid to say buddy. Chin up

(Original post by Ebony19)
    I think a lot of people don't give themselves up very easily for reasons of self preservation which you can totally understand. I think if the guy I loved told me they loved me I probably wouldn't dive right in I'd be completely suspicious and question whether I'm lovable and all crazy kinds of **** before I even thought about saying that I loved anyone.

I have no idea what she's thinking. I literally could be from oh not sure to I feel the same but can't say it. For the time being don't make any assumptions because she hasn't left you yet I think you'll just have to work out her feelings as time goes on. Try not to get overly lovey dovey and just be your normal self because obviously somethings working as she's still seeing you.

Edit: Sorry just realised that you said she doesn't like me like that or isn't at the place yet. Are you taking that from her having said these things or because she didn't say it back
    I'm guessing because she didn't say it back.
    Basically after I said it she just said she felt really bad because she couldn't say it back.

I think you're right, I may have said it a bit early, I just hope I haven't ruined things. It's been my first gf in quite a while so may be that's a reason I'm falling quickly.

I'm being my normal collective-self and maybe it's all in my head and she is just contempt with knowing my love for her rather than having negative thoughts... I don't want to bring it up again to ask her lol.

Would you recommend leaving it as it's been said and just carry on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm guessing because she didn't say it back.
    Basically after I said it she just said she felt really bad because she couldn't say it back.

I think you're right, I may have said it a bit early, I just hope I haven't ruined things. It's been my first gf in quite a while so may be that's a reason I'm falling quickly.

I'm being my normal collective-self and maybe it's all in my head and she is just contempt with knowing my love for her rather than having negative thoughts... I don't want to bring it up again to ask her lol.

Would you recommend leaving it as it's been said and just carry on?
    Yeah I'd recommend leaving it as it's been and just see how things develop. Or maybe step back a tiny bit so as not to overcrowd her and just to show that it's difficult for you now that you've shown her how you feel. But yeah still see her and just see how you get on.

Thanks for your help Ebony.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Maybe had their partner say it back to them at a later date?

ReputationRep:
    I recently told her that I love her however she does not feel the same or isn't at that point yet.....the saddest thing ive ever heard

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.