Turn on thread page Beta

Ergh, what did I do wrong? How to cope with being rejected after a few dates watch

So about a month ago I started dating I guy I'd met on ok Cupid. Met for a first date and there was a real spark between us, he was keen to see me again and so was I. He had said previously he'd done a lot of dating and his longest relationship had only been a year. He assured me this was down to the girls he'd dated and not because he's a player. Anyway 2nd date went well, he was still pretty keen and would text me every evening asking how my day had been. By the 3rd date we had amazing sex and all seemed good until I got home and decided to check his dating profile. He'd logged in that day which was pretty gutting. His texts became less frequent by this point.

Anyway yesterday we had a 4th date and I stayed the night at his. He seemed less keen around me than normal and I felt like I was pretty much rushed out the door in the morning and no text since. Checked the dating profile and he's been logging in very regularly. Finally sent a text to him last night to say he didn't seem too interested and was it best we didn't see each other again and sure enough... Message read but no reply!

Never realised I'd feel quite so gutted and offended about being rejected, never experienced this and cant stop myself from running the night over in my head again and again trying to think what I did wrong?! I'm guessing he's met someone better on the site. Delete and move on?

ReputationRep:
    Similar thing happened to my friend, she met a guy who seemed really keen etc but after a few dates when they had sex he pretty much stopped talking to her.

Some guys seemingly like to lie, just because he said he isn't a 'player' doesn't mean it's true, maybe he was just interested in sex :dontknow: Still pretty ****ty. Definitely move on IMO.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So about a month ago I started dating I guy I'd met on ok Cupid. Met for a first date and there was a real spark between us, he was keen to see me again and so was I. He had said previously he'd done a lot of dating and his longest relationship had only been a year. He assured me this was down to the girls he'd dated and not because he's a player. Anyway 2nd date went well, he was still pretty keen and would text me every evening asking how my day had been. By the 3rd date we had amazing sex and all seemed good until I got home and decided to check his dating profile. He'd logged in that day which was pretty gutting. His texts became less frequent by this point.

Anyway yesterday we had a 4th date and I stayed the night at his. He seemed less keen around me than normal and I felt like I was pretty much rushed out the door in the morning and no text since. Checked the dating profile and he's been logging in very regularly. Finally sent a text to him last night to say he didn't seem too interested and was it best we didn't see each other again and sure enough... Message read but no reply!

Never realised I'd feel quite so gutted and offended about being rejected, never experienced this and cant stop myself from running the night over in my head again and again trying to think what I did wrong?! I'm guessing he's met someone better on the site. Delete and move on?
    I hate to say this but it seems to me he was only after one thing and once he got it, he is now losing interest.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Huge overreaction, you took this really personally. Way too personally. He's just a random guy, he means nothing. Don't torture your mind over this silliness, he's not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.