Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm in grade 11 (lower sixth I think), and I just got my semester score after I did a bunch of mock exams. Here they are.

Math SL: 5
    Chemistry SL: 4
    Indonesian B SL: 6
    English A HL: 5
    History HL:7
    Economics HL: 6

Overall IB:33

I know how these mock scores probably won't mean anything in the long run, especially when I'm still in grade 11 but I just want to hear from you if you guys think I'm on the right track or not.

I'm planning to either take a joint economics course like PPE or pure economics if the university doesn't ask for Math HL. I'm aiming to get into universities like Queen Mary's, East Anglia, and Warwick (most optimistic).

ReputationRep:
    UEA wants math SL and 33 for both PPE and economics
    QMUL wants math SL6 and 36
    Warwick wants HL math for pure economics, so you'd have to do PPE which requires SL5 and 38 points overall.

Your scores are fine, as long as you're aware of what your uni choices are asking for and apply yourself in the areas where you're not as strong. From what all of my teachers have told me, people do a lot better on exams than first mocks. You're only in year one, you have time to improve.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.