Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I've applied for Mathematics at Imperial for 2015 entry, but I have yet to hear from them. I'm worried that I may get a rejection because I applied without MAT, meaning to take STEP this June. Will that affect my chances? Should I email them for confirmation that they're ok with STEP instead of MAT?

Also, if I do get an offer but fail to meet the standard offer (A*A*A), will they allow me to resit one paper? I made a lot of careless mistakes in my Further Maths paper, so I'm worried about that. If I do resit, it will be in May/June this year.

Thanks in advance!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by pitchforkred)
    Hi everyone! I've applied for Mathematics at Imperial for 2015 entry, but I have yet to hear from them. I'm worried that I may get a rejection because I applied without MAT, meaning to take STEP this June. Will that affect my chances? Should I email them for confirmation that they're ok with STEP instead of MAT?

Also, if I do get an offer but fail to meet the standard offer (A*A*A), will they allow me to resit one paper? I made a lot of careless mistakes in my Further Maths paper, so I'm worried about that. If I do resit, it will be in May/June this year.

Thanks in advance!
    Email if you want. And generally top universities like Imperial dislike resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tombayes)
    Email if you want. And generally top universities like Imperial dislike resits.
    Thanks, email sent Uh oh, hopefully I've done better than I expected then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pitchforkred)

Thanks in advance!
    If you get an offer. they give a deadline to when they want you to achieve the results. aslkng as you have them before that date (normally 31st august or something) then you are sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.