Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Here is an article from The Independent Newspaper showing how Graduates are struggling to find jobs.

Some having to do 'Non-Professional' jobs that didn't require a degree.

Now that the tution fees have gone up to 8/9k a year, graduates are leaving with debts of 30k or more.

The lucky ones that do find jobs then looking forward to working 40/45 years until they retire.

Do you know there is a better way...

Start up your own business, build it along side your studies. You may not need to work for someone else. Be your own boss, write your own destiny.

This tells me that there are not enough graduate jobs and simply that too many people are going to university with employment expectations that are unrealistic.

Self-employment is an option - but it's not clear to me why that is reliant on going to university.

Technology, automation, off-shoring, eCommerce are changing the global market.

We all should have a plan B.

If you are ambitious, self-motivated, open-minded and would like to know how you can start your own business, working around your existing commitments, trading in the Telecommunications, Energy, Media, Health industries then feel free to contact me.

Kind regards
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.