Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't really know what to do with myself... my state of mind seems to have spiralled into constant worry and being terrified of everything! There is no way I can carry on like this but also no way I can get everything I am feeling down in this post, I just feel completely lost.

I started university in September, after only finding out I had a place a week before I started, this started me off on the wrong foot to start with, I didn't want to be here and found myself wanting to burst into tears every few minutes. The thought of university always worried me and what made it worse is that all my friends were so excited about going and getting away from home and that still makes it worse now, that they're having the time of their lives!

It gradually got better and I made friends but never felt completely settled I've never really like the course and am struggling with the work, now I just feel completely unmotivated. I got lower grades that everyone on my course, A-Levels were hard for my but came out with good grades but now I feel like I've hit the wall academically and have no interest in studying any academic subject.

I knew moving away would be hard as I'm very close to my, very supportive, parents but didn't expect it to be this bad!

I just want to go home and do a different course from there but them I start to worry about making friends and being alone. Then I panic about and have terrible thoughts about my parents dying and feel like I would be left with no one, my parents are the only thing that keep me going!

I just hate life right now, I can't enjoy anything and don't see the point in anything and have no idea what to do, I've been sat in my room for the last few hours crying I should be revising for the 5 exams I've got but the though of doing it makes me feel sick.

I'm sorry for anyone that read that post but I just needed to get it off my chest and get some advice on what to do!

ReputationRep:
    All your feelings are probably heightened because exam period is coming up which clearly isn't helping.

If you're sitting in your room crying for hours, that's definitely not ideal and calls for change. Okay so you started uni in September and it's into the new year and you're still not feeling great? Have you maintained the friends you made in the end?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.