Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a student currently studying education and I am really not enjoying my course. It entails subjects such as philosophy, psychology and sociology. All of which I never studied before and really dislike. Its taking a toll on my health now and my anxiety has been bad, I have a lot of sleepless nights and I either overeat or undereat. Im worried about the debt. I have tried it for a term and have not liked it, is that long enough? My second option is too take up a art course next year and drop out now, I regret now doing this in the first place because I am passionate about art and it was my favourite subject. Everyone told me it was not worth doing though, even though all my teachers encouraged me into that direction. Should you just stick out your degree and get a recognised one or study what you are passionate about? UCAS applications are due on Thursday so any advice would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually started uni yet but I would think a term should be long enough to decide whether you like the course or not. Is it the entire subject you're not enjoying or just the modules you're currently undertaking? If your passion is art then I'd say it may be a good idea to switch but have you considered what career you could do afterwards compared to your current career goals? Is it possible to switch to an art degree at your current uni or is it too late?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.