Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i went to the letting agents today and the person who deals with student affairs was insanely busy so they gave us a list of properties to rent and a leaflet about letting accommodation. On the leaflet is says to just turn up to the house and the current tennants would show us around. I feel like i would piss off the current tennants by viewing it this way.. Do the current tennants expect people to turn up to look around their house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLAG)
    So i went to the letting agents today and the person who deals with student affairs was insanely busy so they gave us a list of properties to rent and a leaflet about letting accommodation. On the leaflet is says to just turn up to the house and the current tennants would show us around. I feel like i would piss off the current tennants by viewing it this way.. Do the current tennants expect people to turn up to look around their house?
    a good agency would show you around themselves, its not the students job. they should also get notice of when you are going to turn up. They really don't sound any good to me, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I would be extremely pissed off if I had random people turning up to see my house without at least 24 hours notice. It's a good way to tell a crap landlord/letting company actually.

You now know they will have no respect for the 24 hour notice period if you take one of their properties.

(also if, like in my house the rooms have locks, the students wouldnt be able to show you all of the house anyway if someone is out)

ReputationRep:
    I agree, you cannot simply be expected to show up at someone's house and be offered a tour. If you have no way of contacting them I'd suggest you return to the agency and have them sort it, alternatively go to the houses and politely ask if you can return in a day or two and be shown around the house- provided it suits them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.