Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    I got an offer to study Biology BSc at Birmingham and I was invited to one of the days. It didn't specify which one I should go to so I just registered for the one on the 21st Jan. I can't find any info about it online but I was just wondering if all the open days will have the Bio dept open or if there were only certain days. And also I have to book a train ticket from London and online it says normally the days are from 9-3 so I thought I would arrive at 10ish and leave at maybe half 3. Is there a lot of stuff to do at the uni or will I have time to see the city after? I went to an open day before and didn't really see the city so I wanted to do that today. Any help would be most appreciated!!
    (Sorry that's such a long message. My main Q is just whether I can go on 21st Jan for Biology).
    Ooh and also I didn't have a specific invite for that date but online it says I should bring my invitation (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergra...avd/index.aspx). Can I just bring my offer letter?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm visiting Birmingham on the 28th Feb and was sent an email/'invitation' with a list of possible dates to choose form specific for my course, Law. It may be worth arriving at 9 though as on my email it had a plan for the day with times etc and registration was at a specific time, 1pm for me. Have you recently been given an offer and just not received an email yet? Worse come the worse, just print off your confirmation email from registering for the day. Is Birmingham your firm by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to call them up today. I got an offer back in October and I can't remember getting an email invitation. I checked my emails again but there's nothing there. I'm also finding the booking website really hard to navigate! I had the 21st written down so I'm pretty sure I booked it but it was so long ago, I can't remember!
    On the offer letter it says I should book an applicant day but it didn't specify which date. Did your email give you all these dates:
    Wednesday 26 November 2014

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Saturday 28 February 2015

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Wednesday 25 March 2015

or did it just give you a select few from which you could choose?
    I got an unconditional at Birmingham but I also got my other 4 offers so I'm not sure which one to choose atm!! Wbu?
    Thanks a lot for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legache)
    I'm going to call them up today. I got an offer back in October and I can't remember getting an email invitation. I checked my emails again but there's nothing there. I'm also finding the booking website really hard to navigate! I had the 21st written down so I'm pretty sure I booked it but it was so long ago, I can't remember!
    On the offer letter it says I should book an applicant day but it didn't specify which date. Did your email give you all these dates:
    Wednesday 26 November 2014

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Saturday 28 February 2015

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Wednesday 25 March 2015

or did it just give you a select few from which you could choose?
    I got an unconditional at Birmingham but I also got my other 4 offers so I'm not sure which one to choose atm!! Wbu?
    Thanks a lot for your reply!
    I got the full list with all the dates. I have offers from Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham as well. Which other four unis do you have offers from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maarg13)
    I got the full list with all the dates. I have offers from Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham as well. Which other four unis do you have offers from?
    Congratulations on your offers!!
    I have offers from Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford and Bristol. What do you think of Bristol?

Also I called Birmingham and they aren't giving me any information about the visit day. I think I'll go on the 21st and just see the uni, cos I can't find out if Biosciences in on that day but you said the full list was available for law so hopefully it is for Bio too?

What's your favourite uni at the moment?
    Also, do you book on a website? If so, what's the link? I can't do anything on the VIP Birmingham page.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offers!!
    I have offers from Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford and Bristol. What do you think of Bristol?

Also I called Birmingham and they aren't giving me any information about the visit day. I think I'll go on the 21st and just see the uni, cos I can't find out if Biosciences in on that day but you said the full list was available for law so hopefully it is for Bio too?

What's your favourite uni at the moment?
    Also, do you book on a website? If so, what's the link? I can't do anything on the VIP Birmingham page.
    Thanks, you too, they're all amazing unis! Which college for Oxford? I was rejected post interview from Jesus.

I'm toying between Bristol and Birmingham at the moment but am going to visit both before I make a decision. I'm leaning more towards Birmingham, but am just worried that Bristol might open more doors in the future!

Yeah, if the lists are the same I'm sure the Biosciences department will be open too. The link I used was on the emailed invitation and logged me straight onto the VIP page so I don;t have an actual link sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maarg13)
    Thanks, you too, they're all amazing unis! Which college for Oxford? I was rejected post interview from Jesus.

I'm toying between Bristol and Birmingham at the moment but am going to visit both before I make a decision. I'm leaning more towards Birmingham, but am just worried that Bristol might open more doors in the future!

Yeah, if the lists are the same I'm sure the Biosciences department will be open too. The link I used was on the emailed invitation and logged me straight onto the VIP page so I don;t have an actual link sorry.
    St Johns! Oh I'm sorry - I'm sure you'll have a great experience at any university so it doesn't matter really.
    Yes - Bristol is more prestigious but I think career prospects will be similar from either as they're both Russell Group. Birmingham is a much bigger city - that might be important to you? Or maybe Bristol is friendlier cos its smaller.
    The Biosciences dept is open - they returned my calls and I'm going tomorrow. Apparently I had clicked the 'no further email correspondence' button!
    Thanks for your help!!

ReputationRep:
    St Johns! Oh I'm sorry - I'm sure you'll have a great experience at any university so it doesn't matter really.
    Yes - Bristol is more prestigious but I think career prospects will be similar from either as they're both Russell Group. Birmingham is a much bigger city - that might be important to you? Or maybe Bristol is friendlier cos its smaller.
    The Biosciences dept is open - they returned my calls and I'm going tomorrow. Apparently I had clicked the 'no further email correspondence' button!
    Thanks for your help!!
    Not at all! Enjoy tomorrow and good luck with everything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.