The Student Room Group

Do men below 5'5" stand a chance of getting married?

Scroll to see replies

It amazes me that so far 5 people have said "no."
It depends

With attractive women? No unless they're rich or very good looking and muscular

With average/fat women? Yes but why would you even get married to an average woman? It's not worth it
What a stupid thread, of course they do. I'm 5'3 so it would work, hey I wouldn't care if I was taller by an inch. Height is such a trivial thing to look for in someone.
Reply 23
No only North Koreans because they are malnourished and smaller
Original post by al_94
Even pedophiles get married so of course short men can

😂😂😂😂😂

There's yer inspiration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
ye if they have a high job and lots of money
Reply 26
Yes even though a lot of women are shallow about height, there are some that don't care.
Of course they are, I'm quite a bit over 5'5" but anyone who voted no in the poll has no chance of getting married to me :tongue:
Reply 28
Yes, I know some women like men taller but some women (like myself) don't even care how tall the person is as long as I get along with them and they're nice??
Of course, but you must be rich. Women just want money (and plenty of it), nothing else. They're not interested in such trivial things as height.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
Considering women are really picky nowadays, what do you think? Take into consideration that times are changing.

I hypothesise that they have a higher chance of a successful marriage, as they skip past all of the fussy, shallow, crappy women who date people solely for their looks/height, and will end up with someone who actually loves their personality and they have a real connection with. Looks fade. My bf must be about 5'5 because thats how tall I am and we are the same height! Maybe he is a tad smaller? There is so much more to a person than just their height, and a girl who cant see that isnt worth marrying anyway.
Original post by nursingstudentuk
I hypothesise that they have a higher chance of a successful marriage, as they skip past all of the fussy, shallow, crappy women who date people solely for their looks/height, and will end up with someone who actually loves their personality and they have a real connection with. Looks fade. My bf must be about 5'5 because thats how tall I am and we are the same height! Maybe he is a tad smaller? There is so much more to a person than just their height, and a girl who cant see that isnt worth marrying anyway.

6 year old thread :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
6 year old thread :smile:

oh damn, really? lol, how on earth did I find this then :biggrin:
Original post by nursingstudentuk
oh damn, really? lol, how on earth did I find this then :biggrin:

Old threads still exist but some do get closed. This obviously wasn’t one of them!
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm 1 inch below 5'5, well looks like I won't be getting married. Might as well just slip 1-inch lifts in my shoes so my chances of getting married are increased.
Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending