Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm interested in studying events management at uni either next year or the year after and just want some advice on the best unis to study this course at.

Have had a keen interest in the events industry for a long time and want to pursue this as a future career. Would love to hear from people that are currently studying events management or a similar course or have in the past and also to tell me about the uni they are studying at. I want to study at a uni that provides loads of opportunities for work experience and placements as well as study to get some real industry experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you all

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I have just applied for a defferred entry course at Surrey, Lincoln, Winchester , Coventry and Chichester.
    I, too, am looking for the work experience aspect so my advice is look for an uni that offers this course with a sandwich placement between second and third year.
    My favourite by far is Coventry, it offers the most experience, most trips, no essays- just placements. They are the only uni affiliated with an events scheme(can't remember the name) but this events company always comes asking every year for their students to fly to an international destination (last year it was Miami - all expenses paid) to host a conference .so definitely the best place to get that experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eglambert)
    Hiya, I have just applied for a defferred entry course at Surrey, Lincoln, Winchester , Coventry and Chichester.
    I, too, am looking for the work experience aspect so my advice is look for an uni that offers this course with a sandwich placement between second and third year.
    My favourite by far is Coventry, it offers the most experience, most trips, no essays- just placements. They are the only uni affiliated with an events scheme(can't remember the name) but this events company always comes asking every year for their students to fly to an international destination (last year it was Miami - all expenses paid) to host a conference .so definitely the best place to get that experience
    I like the sound of Coventry too from what I've read about the course and the uni on their website, might need to book myself on an open day there over the summer I've looked at Chichester and Winchester too and know people that go there to study other courses and say the unis are both good. I know Chichester has a placement year but couldn't see anything on Winchester's website about one? I've also looked into a range of other unis that all offer placements as I only really want to study at a uni that offers one because it's a great way to gain experience within the industry and hopefully increase job prospects. Good luck with getting offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamingofTravel)
    Hi I'm interested in studying events management at uni either next year or the year after and just want some advice on the best unis to study this course at.

Have had a keen interest in the events industry for a long time and want to pursue this as a future career. Would love to hear from people that are currently studying events management or a similar course or have in the past and also to tell me about the uni they are studying at. I want to study at a uni that provides loads of opportunities for work experience and placements as well as study to get some real industry experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you all
    I went to Greenwich university open day and apparently they have a good reputation for events management and it is also in London which means that there will be a lot of event management businesses around which maybe you could get experience at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.