Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can I submit my work that I have already submitted earlier for another class and would it be considered as plagiarism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monro)
    Can I submit my work that I have already submitted earlier for another class and would it be considered as plagiarism?
    monro, in most cases it is prohibited to provide the work you have already submitted, unless this is specifically provided for in the special regulations for your course. if you want to submit the same work to two different classes you should ask both professors. Ask whether they are comfortable with you submitting already completed work. Do not submit the paper without their mutual approval

ReputationRep:
    the post didnt go through. all i want to tell use google to paraphrase your paper to make 2 different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcarter)
    the post didnt go through. all i want to tell use google to paraphrase your paper to make 2 different
    Silly technique that can lead to disastrous results. The second paper will be considered as plagiarized with all further consequences. Think twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottybr)
    Silly technique that can lead to disastrous results. The second paper will be considered as plagiarized with all further consequences. Think twice.
    I'd better say check twice. I have written before in some plagiarism related thread about unplag checker. There is an option to check paper again paper with highlighted plagiarized areas if any. Just make the plagiarism % less than 10 and submit your work without any approvals from professor.

ReputationRep:
    guys, thanks for your replies. I decided to write the second essay and just check it for plagiarism. Will back to you with outcome tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am back as promised. Unplag does it work. Quite simple interface (7 buttons only), however it scans vs 16000000000 internet pages, vs my own database and vs another paper simultaneously!!! Din’t use the second option yet (not many papers in my account so far), but other 2 features work really fast with approx. 5 sec to scan each paper.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.