Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have an interview at MMU for MA Social Work on 26th January....can anyone offer any tips or insights??

Thanks
    Izzy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzy82)
    Hello,

I have an interview at MMU for MA Social Work on 26th January....can anyone offer any tips or insights??

Thanks
    Izzy
    hey I also have an interview on 23rdjan at Bradforduni, ive nervous about what might be asked, to prepare ive been looking at thecommunitycare website and checkin out current issues, and knowledge or policychanges and laws regarding social work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzy82)
    Hello,

Thanks
    Izzy
    Do you know who you have your interview with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys i will be applying next year xxx mmu social work yaw

ReputationRep:
    I have been reading up on current issues and code of ethics. Bit nervous about the written task as no idea what it will involve. Apparently there are 30 people invited to same interview date. Good luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    hi, how did your interview go at MMU? is it a process of elimination based on your written task? I have an interview in the next few days and i am totally panicking!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya - I got a place, am so chuffed! They try to let you know in 72 hrs after interview.
    Day starts with presentation then you need to write about a Social Work article you choose to take in. Group interview is about 30mins and you're split up into groups of 4. Then you're allocated a time for one-to-one interview which is around 20mins. I finished at 2pm. Its all quite relaxed and you're allocated break times so good idea to take a light lunch in to eat! All candidates are interviewed, there is no elimination process. Just make sure you reflect on your experiences, read up on the profession and especially current issues e.g. aging population, high caseloads. Hope this helps and good luck!!
    Iz.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for mma at the beginning of February. What you do you mean "write about a social work article you choose to take in."? I have not been informed about any bringing any articles with me.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, I have an interview on 5th Feb and have not been asked to bring anything in? Any feedback on this would be great.

Thanks,

Charlotte

ReputationRep:
    Have you done any prep for your interview yet? Where you travelling from? I've to come from Northern Ireland.. So hard trying to arrange travel on top of everything.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.