Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's so many videos and so many universities making it seem like the best experience in the world, selling themselves out.. But what is university life really like?

ReputationRep:
    **** after first year.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who you are. I'm the sort person who spends a lot of time in my room by myself, so it's like normal life, but no-one moaning at you 24/7, and you have to do stuff for yourself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lowkoo)
    There's so many videos and so many universities making it seem like the best experience in the world, selling themselves out.. But what is university life really like?
    Hi, I've moved this over to the University Life forum for you.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly depends on many factors. Which uni it is, which city it is in, where you are living, what friends you have made, your financial situation etc.

The first few months, or even the first year is always good. After that, you'll really sink in and settle into uni life. It won't be exciting anymore. You'll probably take it all for granted. If you are like me, your course will suddenly get incredibly intense, you'll have no money, and so will only be able to have a night out once every three months. It just becomes every day normal life.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of feminists.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow.. Thanks guys, so basically so basically I should have as much fun as I can in the first year because suffering will rain upon me after? Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lowkoo)
    Oh wow.. Thanks guys, so basically so basically I should have as much fun as I can in the first year because suffering will rain upon me after? Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yeah but you'll also find the second year and third year lectures more interesting and as you know the ropes second year can still be a lot of fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.