Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Has anyone also applied for this course and got an offer? Or maybe someone is studying this course and could tell me more about it?
    The course seems very interesting and UEA itself is quite high in the ranking tables but the offer itself made me question its quality as I got much lower conditions to meet than I had expected. So why is it so?

ReputationRep:
    i have also applied for this course, and yes i've be wondering why they've offered a low conditions ?

ReputationRep:
    maybe no one is applying? Where else have you applied?
    P.S it's nice that i finally found someone who applied for this course too

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in my first year doing this course right now and the offer is BBB for this course, so lower than most courses. It's a small course and not a a very popular one, since it's quite an unusual course, actually the only one in the entire country, lol. It's an unusual one cause it combines media + sociolinguistics + translation + business, now linguistics and translation courses are very undersubscribed everywhere. Most people study Modern language (spanish and french) + Business, so yeah your offer is low because it is a undersubscribed course! I remmeber getting surprisingly low conditions when I applied last year.

I love the course so far though, it's only been one semester though haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Hey, I'm in my first year doing this course right now and the offer is BBB for this course, so lower than most courses. It's a small course and not a a very popular one, since it's quite an unusual course, actually the only one in the entire country, lol. It's an unusual one cause it combines media + sociolinguistics + translation + business, now linguistics and translation courses are very undersubscribed everywhere. Most people study Modern language (spanish and french) + Business, so yeah your offer is low because it is a undersubscribed course! I remmeber getting surprisingly low conditions when I applied last year.

I love the course so far though, it's only been one semester though haha.
    Thank you very much for the anwer! If it is the only course iin the whole country, I wonder what are the chances of getting a job after graduation

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if i understood you wrong or vice versa we're talking about the offer itself and its low conditions, not that we barely meet them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radville)
    Hey,
    Has anyone also applied for this course and got an offer? Or maybe someone is studying this course and could tell me more about it?
    The course seems very interesting and UEA itself is quite high in the ranking tables but the offer itself made me question its quality as I got much lower conditions to meet than I had expected. So why is it so?
    Hi, I'm actually planning on switching to this course, are you planning on going to UEA 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicomark)
    Hi, I'm actually planning on switching to this course, are you planning on going to UEA 2015?
    Hey, I'm probably taking it as insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radville)
    Hey, I'm probably taking it as insurance
    Oh right, I've just confirmed it as my firm choice...what's your firm choice?
    Good Luck with your exams btw.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester business school thanks, i'll need it! Best of luck for you as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.