Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm about to move into student halls and I have a choice between 2 rooms and I have been in contact with both students who are moving out. Since the both rooms are the same I asked them about the flatmates. I am someone (male btw) who loves company and drinking and liveliness.

Room 1: 5 boys. They drink a lot, some don't go to class often, stay up late and play music. They enjoy themselves but they're really nice people as well. There's more of a sense of camaraderie. The girl who's moving out say she can't really get sleep sometimes though.

Room 2: 3 girls 3 boys. All very nice people who like to have fun during the weekend but are quiet throughout the week. It seems like they don't spend a lot of time as a flat as the girls maybe hang out with girls from other flats. I could be wrong though.

The reason I'm moving into student halls is because it proved to be a big struggle getting to know people while staying in private accom which was so quiet and lonely, I came in through clearing so I couldn't get a place. So which one would you choose?

ReputationRep:
    I would deffo choose room 2 - they look like they have a balance of work and fun. It may be great for a while to stay up late and drink and not attend classes, but after a while it's going to show on your studies - you're gonna fall behind in your work and it might even become a boring routine because you keep doing the same thing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by manjotboyal)
    I would deffo choose room 2 - they look like they have a balance of work and fun. It may be great for a while to stay up late and drink and not attend classes, but after a while it's going to show on your studies - you're gonna fall behind in your work and it might even become a boring routine because you keep doing the same thing.
    This, definitely. It's important to get a balance between work and play at university. From what OP has said it sounds like group 2 has it right and group 1 really does not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.