The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing - Help?!

Some universities wiill ask students to attend an interview, applicants day - OR submit a peice of work or portfolio. I've been invited to Stirling's Applicants Day, but I'm unable to make it, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever submitted a peice of work or made a portfolio for them, or if they might know what it consists of?
For nursing, you don't submit a piece of work or portfolio when you're applying unless you're doing something art related.

With the selection days, you have to do the skills test and if you are successful, you go through to the interview stage before they make their final decision.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by babyshawte
For nursing, you don't submit a piece of work or portfolio when you're applying unless you're doing something art related.

With the selection days, you have to do the skills test and if you are successful, you go through to the interview stage before they make their final decision.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, but they said that I could do those if I can't make the applicans day. Weird. Ah, so they make their decision on interviewing you depending on how well you do on the skills test? o: Thanks!
Original post by Stefnaaay
Oh, but they said that I could do those if I can't make the applicans day. Weird. Ah, so they make their decision on interviewing you depending on how well you do on the skills test? o: Thanks!

It would normally mention things like that on UCAS, but mainly if you get invited to do the skills test as part of the section day process and you pass, then you get your interview at a later date or they might do it the same day.

Lol I know it's crazy, but the majority of nursing courses make people do the English and Maths test and if it doesn't go well, then their application is terminated till the next cycle of applying.

Always check with your universities first if you can't make it. Call them and ask just to be sure.

All the best :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending