Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I'm looking for advice or support here, but maybe some of you have gone through something similar and can share your stories?

I've likes this guy for a long time. We always ran hot and cold - talking a lot, then nothing for a while, then repeat. A few months of this later, one of my friends asked him if he liked me, and he said no. That was that. I moved on, but he was still a dripping faucet at the back of my brain.

Then, just two days before I left to study abroad, he asks to hang out. We chat for hours, and have a blast. Out of the blue, he says that he regrets not being able to be with me because I'm going abroad. Apparently, he didn't want to start anything because neither of us had good experiences with long-distance, which is why he told my friend he wasn't interested.

After mutually establishing we weren't going to pursue a relationship, he kissed me. A few (happy) hours later, I leave. I'm glad all of it happened, but... now what? I haven't heard from him since then. We never have been much into texting, but if I don't text him... Won't he forget about me? Maybe I should just let it be, and see what happens when I come back? Is it even worth another thought?

Thanks for reading that essay (:

ReputationRep:
    Don't message him. If he truly likes you he will be thinking about you and thus would contact you. If he's not fully interested he wont and thus he is a waste of your time as the relationship will hardly be a serious one.

However if you want a casual relationship, not serious as in leading to marriage - message him, tell him you're life has bee really interesting to spike his interest then talk about him. Leave him wondering which will keep you on his mind and he will message you next time. Repeat that until he is just used to messaging you (first) and there we go.

ReputationRep:
    Nah he won't. If recieving a text from you is the only way he remembers you then he's not worth your time... Wait it out a little,who knows he may text you. If he doesn't don't be disheartened, there are more guys out there. You never know the time might be right when you arrive back home.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.