Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do couples boast about their relationship on Facebook ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not all but I am getting very annoyed with the sickly statuses and declarations of love etc WHY?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Some people are insecure about their relationships, others just genuinely love each other but have a tendency to over-share. The first category is probably more common than the second.

ReputationRep:
    Why do they bost with EVERYTHING on fb? What gets me is food. Relationship I can ignore if they ain't enough for each other and need social attention. But food? Hell no! It's so close and yet so dam far! It's torture...
    Let them be dovey lovey. You know most only do it for attention. And it's a good laugh sometimes!
    But food... That is sacred. Not fb material

ReputationRep:
    You salty brah?

It's there choice, deal with it!

ReputationRep:
    I think some people just like showing off that they're in a relationship. Not all, but some.

ReputationRep:
    It's all they have.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Most cases, they're in denial about the state of their relationship.

A very good friend of mine is getting married this summer and neither he nor the girl boasted about it on Facebook.

There are exceptions though, but at least in my life it seems quite rare. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Banter really
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    Most cases, they're in denial about the state of their relationship.
    I remember reading somewhere that this is generally the case. Whereas most people who are happy in relationships, don't say much either way. I know that my mum said something to my dad last year on FB - her dad had just died and she was saying how wonderful he'd been to her.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    The real question should be: Why do people post anything on facebook at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    Obviously not all but I am getting very annoyed with the sickly statuses and declarations of love etc WHY?!?!
    Low consciousness thinking.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's bad to share nice events with your friends. Say, that you've been together 5 years, you've got engaged, or one of you has got the other a nice surprise. But there should be a limit! What gets me is when people tell each other how much they love each other on each other's wall knowing that everybody will see it! Learn to send a text message!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.