Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you keep your cool in exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    What has helped you combat stress during exam season? Also, in your opinion, do you think that it becomes easier to overcome stress as you get older?

All responses are greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I guess to prepare well enough before the exams, so that you aren't stressed because you know you'll do well is kind of the whole point of revising

ReputationRep:
    Nothing better than the feel of confidence when you're sat in that exam hall.

Prepare. And you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Preparation and not panicking. I bombed in three exams during A Level. All were exams I panicked in.

ReputationRep:
    the trust in the amount of preparation gives you confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Prepare well like the people said before. Avoid talking with smart people cause, no offence to anyone but they always say something that makes you doubt everything. Like before one of my History exam, I came into the atrium feeling confident and then when I was talking to one of classmates, they said "have you revised the Bloody Sunday?". It basically destroyed my confidence and I almost cried during the test. It was scarring.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    Always have some water, dont be dehydrated and not be thirsty before the exam you'll want to be more aware and fluid

ReputationRep:
    I bring a fan

ReputationRep:
    Aggressive exercise, cold showers or find a bit to receive stress, or sleep and revisions balenced

ReputationRep:
    I fit air conditioning system in the exam hall and then I can turn it on via remote during exam. One time I turned it on high power and it blew everyones paper off the desk. There was pandemonium and I hid the remote in my pocket so it was branded an act of God.

ReputationRep:
    I completely switch off any exam thoughts just before I go in so I won't start by panicking. If it's halfway through and I don't know something or it's stressful, I sorta talk to myself in my head and logically take myself through evening I can remember of that topic until I find the answer. I listen to the music I revise with or that we play a lot in band as well (in my head obviously).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Water, revise and be stress free

Chewing gum might help (although I know it isn't possible in the actual exam or mocks but you can always do it when you're stressed out from revision)

ReputationRep:
    Confidence.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.