Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, which one in the two universities above would you choose and why? I'm confused so I'm here to seek for your opinions

ReputationRep:
    UCL. On the whole, it's a better institution with a better reputation academically and among employers. That's not to say that Nottingham is bad, but the pros for it that I can think of right now are entirely subjective i.e. campus vs city. This only really counts if you would like a campus more.
    Which course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    UCL. On the whole, it's a better institution with a better reputation academically and among employers. That's not to say that Nottingham is bad, but the pros for it that I can think of right now are entirely subjective i.e. campus vs city. This only really counts if you would like a campus more.
    Which course?
    thanks for your comment I have applied for pharmacy (2015).

ReputationRep:
    UCL. The university is more prestigious then Nottingham as UCL is one of the member of G5. IMO, the Pharmacy course of Nottingham might be slightly better but they are the same as long as it is accredited by the GPhC.

ReputationRep:
    Prestige doesn't matter as much in pharmacy, so I would say Nottingham as you'll actually get a decent enjoyable university experience. Id only recommend UCL if you wanted to go into business/finance... I think Nottingham will give you a better all rounded experience for you

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Nottingham but i may be biased. On the guardian league table for pharmacy notts has higher ratings in all the 'satisfaction' areas (with course, teaching, feedback etc.) and a higher percentage of people having a job after 6 months. It might be worth looking into the different bursaries/scholarships for each but a London uni is bound to be more expensive, I know you get higher loans but that's more to pay back than if you went to Notts, there's absolutely loads of cheap student housing around nottingham too for people that don't want to be in halls. I wasn't really bothered about course structure when I was choosing uni's this time last year but I'm so glad I picked Nottingham, it's got a really good course structure and you focus on one disease area at a time, including all the different sciencey subjects and practice which really helps you link all the information together rather than doing it all separately like a lot of other uni's do. As has already been said, there's the chance to go to the stunning malaysia campus in 2nd year at notts, also the chance to go abroad in 3rd year which is a really good opportunity. I can't say I've seen UCL, but the nottingham campus is huge and so pretty, still fairly close to the city though. If you have any questions about Nottingham let me know I wouldn't want to be anywhere else to be honest and I love hearing from students in higher years how proud they are to study here and from employees about how they value nottingham pharmacy students more than students from other uni's

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.