Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got an E on my science mock test ( first science mock of year 10) and im scared ill do badly on my actual science GCSE. pls help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meh56)
    i got an E on my science mock test ( first science mock of year 10) and im scared ill do badly on my actual science GCSE. pls help
    1. is this general science or a specific one like biology?
    2.Did you revise?
    3.Did you feel that you organised yourself well for this exam?
    4.Was did a past paper or a test made your teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commando1)
    1. is this general science or a specific one like biology?
    2.Did you revise?
    3.Did you feel that you organised yourself well for this exam?
    4.Was did a past paper or a test made your teacher?
    ii was chemistry and yes i did revise. it was a test made by my teacher and i dont feel i was organised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meh56)
    ii was chemistry and yes i did revise. it was a test made by my teacher and i dont feel i was organised
    A really important thing to consider why you under-performed is how did you revise? i.e did you take notes, make diagrams etc

I use to make concise notes from a my textbook and then read them out aloud to commit them to memory. I then tested whether I new the knowledge without looking at my notes.

ReputationRep:
    A really important thing to consider why you under-performed is how did you revise? i.e did you take notes, make diagrams etc

I use to make concise notes from a my textbook and then read them out aloud to commit them to memory. I then tested whether I new the knowledge without looking at my notes.
    i just read through my book a lot of times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meh56)
    i just read through my book a lot of times
    You should test if you have actually retained the knowledge, e.g. by writing it down without looking at the book.
    Once you feel confident that you know the content do questions on the topic.

may i ask what the topic of the test was? perhaps i could help you

ReputationRep:
    You should test if you have actually retained the knowledge, e.g. by writing it down without looking at the book.
    Once you feel confident that you know the content do questions on the topic.

may i ask what the topic of the test was? perhaps i could help you
    the topic was about microbes

ReputationRep:
    I got an F at the start of year 10 in a mock. However, I turned it around and at the end of year 10 I was lucky enough to sit the real exam with a few other students and got a C out of it. There's plenty of time to turn this around. If you're interested the exam was in mid-June and I started intense revision on and off from mid-March.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.