Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    So I have two slots left on my UCAS application to fill up, I'm on my gap year and achieved A*A*A (Maths, Physics, FMaths). Offers for Physics and theoretical physics at Imperial and Physics+Maths at Warwick.

As I want to fill in my other two choices in case I decide I suddenly want to do economics in the near future, was just wondering what is the best uni I would have a decent shot of getting in for - I know the deadline is fast approaching but I might as well! I should mention my entire personal statement is physics-based - how much of a problem would that be?
    Do you reckon LSE/UCL would give me an offer?
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Yes most likely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjacat)
    Hi guys,
    So I have two slots left on my UCAS application to fill up, I'm on my gap year and achieved A*A*A (Maths, Physics, FMaths). Offers for Physics and theoretical physics at Imperial and Physics+Maths at Warwick.

As I want to fill in my other two choices in case I decide I suddenly want to do economics in the near future, was just wondering what is the best uni I would have a decent shot of getting in for - I know the deadline is fast approaching but I might as well! I should mention my entire personal statement is physics-based - how much of a problem would that be?
    Do you reckon LSE/UCL would give me an offer?
    Cheers!
    Applying for Economics at LSE/UCL with a PS which is almost entirely physics based is going to be a big problem imo regardless of grades, the admission tutors will probably be like wtf but ofc I have no idea really what they would make of your application. But since you already hold offers and if you prefer physics over economics and have no other unis you want to apply to then maybe its worth a shot but I personally don't think it would work out. If you're PS was mostly economics then you're in a good spot to get an offer but ofc nothing is certain.

ReputationRep:
    With a Physics PS it would be a total waste of time. Your application will go straight on the No pile.

If you really are this unsure about 'what to study' then withdraw your application for this year. You can apply in the autumn for 2016 entry and with known grades you can target your application much better. And you will have time away from the hysteria of A levels to make a calmer decision about what you want to study.

ReputationRep:
    You've already got physics at Imperial, might aswell try LSE and UCL for Econ... What's the worst that can happen?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys - picked UCL as I'm pretty sure lse would just laugh at my PS! Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.