Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Approximately how long should be 12 mark essays be? Also, how many AO1 studies and AO2 points/studies do i need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KSIOlajideBT)
    Approximately how long should be 12 mark essays be? Also, how many AO1 studies and AO2 points/studies do i need?
    Not sure if by long you mean time wise or pages. But answering both, we're advised to spend 15 minutes on it and obviously it depends on your hand writing but anywhere between 1-2 pages. More than 2 is good if you have enough time, but definitely more than one!
    I usually include 2/3 descriptive points/studies inc findings and then 3/4 evaluation points but it can vary.

We got given these sheets for every essay question that has or could appear and as you can see one only needs two studies and 3 evaluation points but the other has more, so depends on the question
    The top of the second sheet gives you info as well
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.revision)
    Not sure if by long you mean time wise or pages. But answering both, we're advised to spend 15 minutes on it and obviously it depends on your hand writing but anywhere between 1-2 pages. More than 2 is good if you have enough time, but definitely more than one!
    I usually include 2/3 descriptive points/studies inc findings and then 3/4 evaluation points but it can vary.

We got given these sheets for every essay question that has or could appear and as you can see one only needs two studies and 3 evaluation points but the other has more, so depends on the question
    The top of the second sheet gives you info as well
    Thank you so much for using your time to help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KSIOlajideBT)
    Thank you so much for using your time to help!
    That's okay

ReputationRep:
    My teacher recommends that they're 1 page, at a maximum 1 page and a half. I try to aim for 1 study in my A01 if it's relevant and 2 in my A02, but I go into quite a lot of detail into those studies. I know our exam board has this depth vs breadth trade off. So alternatively you can have lots of studies in your A02 but with less detail. Hope that helped/ made some sort of sense x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.