Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys, I have applied for pharmacy and have all my offers. I am choosing between Kings and UCL for my firm. I believe UCL has a general stronger academic rep but here is the issue - All my ex boyfriends good friends are first year pharmacy students at UCL. I honestly just do not want to see them at all. Is this stupid?! Kings is still a good uni so I personally don't see the issue.

If any of you reading this is a pharmacy student at UCL how often do you see the year below? If you say never, I shall firm UCL which I highly doubt. Tbh, I really want Kings anyway since I was in year 10. My parents want me at UCL, I prefer Kings, although I do not mind UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Go where you want to go. Not your parents. Oh and you'll not have lectures with students in other years anyway, so it doesn't matter. You may hardly see them.
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys, I have applied for pharmacy and have all my offers. I am choosing between Kings and UCL for my firm. I believe UCL has a general stronger academic rep but here is the issue - All my ex boyfriends good friends are first year pharmacy students at UCL. I honestly just do not want to see them at all. Is this stupid?! Kings is still a good uni so I personally don't see the issue.

If any of you reading this is a pharmacy student at UCL how often do you see the year below? If you say never, I shall firm UCL which I highly doubt. Tbh, I really want Kings anyway since I was in year 10. My parents want me at UCL, I prefer Kings, although I do not mind UCL.
    if you prefer king's then you've answered your own question. but it's silly to choose places based on where an ex went.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! You shouldn't let negative people stop you from going to a good university.

You are entitled to study in either institution. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you'd be happy firming King's? As your post states that if it's guaranteed that you're not going to be seeing your ex's friends, you'd firm UCL.

Take the issue of the friends and completely delete it from your considerations. If you did end up bumping into them then they likely wouldn't make a big deal of it anyway, if at all. Look at which one you'd genuinely be happier at. Don't go to UCL for your parents, go for you. Don't let these friends even be an issue. If you do truly want to go to King's, firm that one. Don't firm King's for the sake of avoiding people at UCL.

ReputationRep:
    if you prefer Kings go there, I would say don't let your ex get in the way of your university choice but it doesn't sound like he is...

ReputationRep:
    seriously i think it's stupid to let other people influence your decision of where to go. what do you​ want?

(Original post by GlitterandGold-x)
    Go where you want to go. Not your parents. Oh and you'll not have lectures with students in other years anyway, so it doesn't matter. You may hardly see them.
    Best of luck
    (Original post by TVIO)
    if you prefer king's then you've answered your own question. but it's silly to choose places based on where an ex went.
    (Original post by babyshawte)
    Lol! You shouldn't let negative people stop you from going to a good university.

You are entitled to study in either institution. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    Are you sure you'd be happy firming King's? As your post states that if it's guaranteed that you're not going to be seeing your ex's friends, you'd firm UCL.

Take the issue of the friends and completely delete it from your considerations. If you did end up bumping into them then they likely wouldn't make a big deal of it anyway, if at all. Look at which one you'd genuinely be happier at. Don't go to UCL for your parents, go for you. Don't let these friends even be an issue. If you do truly want to go to King's, firm that one. Don't firm King's for the sake of avoiding people at UCL.
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    if you prefer Kings go there, I would say don't let your ex get in the way of your university choice but it doesn't sound like he is...
    (Original post by ltsmith)
    seriously i think it's stupid to let other people influence your decision of where to go. what do you​ want?
    Thank you so much for all your replies. Yeah I had already myself established that it would be so stupid to let an ex boyfriend determine your life choices. It was a bad relationship, like really bad. That is life I guess lol. I guess God is great because I do genuinely like Kings better and I decided that based on even if all my exes friends did not go UCL. I spoke to my parents and they felt really bad that I thought they felt that way... Guess its best of both worlds. Thank you again everyone

Hey omg but we are in a similar situation! We applied to the same course and same uni and I am considering King's because there are some people I want to avoid in UCL, although I really like King's too. But then, I have made up my mind to go to UCL now despite all the people I am trying to avoid.

Hey omg but we are in a similar situation! We applied to the same course and same uni and I am considering King's because there are some people I want to avoid in UCL, although I really like King's too. But then, I have made up my mind to go to UCL now despite all the people I am trying to avoid.
    Loooool! Don't mean to laugh in a rude way just nice to know I ain't the only one who would feel that way. I firmed Kings and I am so happy lol. Tbh regardless of the peoples presence or absence at UCL I would have picked Kings anyway so best of both worlds I guess

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.