Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Exercises that you actually see results!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wandering is there any exercises you would recommend that actually work to get rid of that muffin top and how many times do I have to do this exercise(s) per week. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not eating, that's a good one

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wandering is there any exercises you would recommend that actually work to get rid of that muffin top and how many times do I have to do this exercise(s) per week. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234gossipgirl)
    There is literally NO WAY to get rid of a "muffin top" via exercise other than using exercise to create a caloric deficit.

I.e. just eat in a consistent energy deficit and the fat will eventually go, exercise or not.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have cut out all sweets and fizzy drinks and my portions are smaller and there is still no result. What am I doing wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Run, run until your feet fall off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234gossipgirl)
    I have cut out all sweets and fizzy drinks and my portions are smaller and there is still no result. What am I doing wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    for how long lol? about a week if i had to guess.

Give it a few months.

ReputationRep:
    I have been doing it for about 4 months

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I asked a personal trainer how to get rid of my muffin top as mine is terrible and he said to work on your abdominal muscle and cardiovascular workout. I have to wait and see if it works

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Theres also P90 which is for 3 months 6 days a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Diet. Diet. Diet.

P90X etc are 1) Expensive and 2) Not that good

Have a read of the FAQ

ReputationRep:
    I agree that diet makes up 80% of your weight loss but Excersie helps. Plus you feel better once you get use to it.

I suggested P90 not P90x theres a difference. Plus P90 has different levels and slowly builds you up for your 1st,2nd and 3rd month. Plus if you actually stick to excersie + the diet P90 works. Actually anything works if you stick to it long enough.

Also hello we live in an internet age....Expensive? Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by YoungAyeyo)
    I agree that diet makes up 80% of your weight loss but Excersie helps. Plus you feel better once you get use to it.

I suggested P90 not P90x theres a difference. Plus P90 has different levels and slowly builds you up for your 1st,2nd and 3rd month. Plus if you actually stick to excersie + the diet P90 works. Actually anything works if you stick to it long enough.

Also hello we live in an internet age....Expensive? Really?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's in the 10's if not of £'s last time I checked. Yeah you could get it illegally, but that would be promoting illegal activity and is against site rules, which I'm sure you're not promoting

Also when P90 ends, what then? Start again? Or do what an awful lot of people do and resort to old ways.

Also iirc P90 is pretty tight in terms of diet and again is liable to breaking

ReputationRep:
    a month isn't very long, you wouldn't expect to lose more than 10lbs tops and that's if you had a lot to lose
    you need to keep it up for longer, make sure you're being careful, eat less if it still doesn't work

be aware that if you carry weight on your stomach you can't change your proportions and your belly may be the last thing to go

exercise will help create a deficit but it wont make your muffin top vanish
    exercise 3-5 days a week, the more the better

ReputationRep:
    You really need to start with the basics. Avoid the people above suggesting ridiculous 90 or 30 day workouts. Doing situps/working your abs WILL NOT get rid of your muffin top. Burning fat off a specific area by doing exercise for that area IS A MYTH. You will lose weight by expending more calories than you take in. This needs to be done in a healthy and controlled way. Aim to lose around 1lb a week. Doesn't sound like much on it's own, but it sure adds up after a few months!

When you weight yourself try and keep as many variables the same as possible. I.e do it with no clothes on, always in the morning after you wake up, etc. If you don't lose the weight that week, drop how much you're eating by about 100 calories a day and repeat the process.

If you're going to the gym then the cross trainer, running machine or the rower will be good.

ReputationRep:
    In my latest free weights PE circuit we did;
    Sit Ups, Press Ups, Dynamic Lunges, Side-Lying Leg Lifts, Twisted Sit Ups, Burpees, Back Extensions and Sqauts to focus on these areas

And loaaads of girls commented on how it helped slim their hips/tummies/waists, exercise of the core and diet is the only way you'll get rid of it. Cardiovascular work such as jogging or the gym will need to be added too, as you can have super toned muscles but a bit of fat/extra weight covering it on the areas you don't want it!(As Jakeroberts_123 said)

However the exercises listed above can be done at home free of charge so they're pretty beneficial. I recommend attempting to start with low reps for each exercise and increase the amount you do each week for good progression.

It could take as little as 6-12 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Wow
    Thanks I really appreciate it. I'm definitely going to try this!!!
    Thank you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Smaller potions and no treats is a maddening way to do it if I've being honest. Ever heard of MyFitnessPal? Its an app that allows you to see how many calories you are eating daily and its extremely easy to use. Eliminates all that pesky guess work and you can eat whatever as long you are eating balanced and sticking in your calorie limit

For the more physical side of it I recommend Cardio like tabatha training which is 4 minutes of 20 second intense intervals on say a Stationary bike followed by 10 seconds of rest rinse and repeat. Skipping is also some awesome cardio and swimming is about the best cardio that exists IMO if you have access to a pool.

I don't know what your actually goals are other then to lose the muffin top but I also recommend doing some lifts like squats etc just to build up a little and give you a toned look. A problem I had for ages was that I felt I needed to eat less and less and less and do endless cardio to lose that last bit of fat but the truth was I needed to build more muscle!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 16, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.