The Student Room Group

Do you admire badass movie/TV serial killers such as Hannibal Lecter?

I mean it's weird he kills and eats people (and makes people eat their own brains), but I can't help admire his classiness, intelligence and wit. I mean the escape in the Silence of the Lambs was one of the best scenes and smartest planning I've seen in a film. I've talked to a few people about it and they thought I'm a bit weird, but I think they're just too scared to admit they liked a serial killer. What do you think?
I admire his methods to be honest, the way he escapes in that scene is great too.
Reply 2
I do admire Hannibal Lecter. I definitely think he's the most complex serial killer, and he's portrayed in both the novels and the big screen as being the most intelligent. He's an incredibly gifted psychologist - probably the best in the world. Reading people is second nature to him. I also love how cultured he is! He has a great passion and fondness for the arts (classical music, cuisine, sketching, poetry etc.), which is why I love him so much - he seems a lot more cultured than other serial killers, and we both have a sincere reverence of the arts in common.
Reply 3
To be fair he was forced to eat his sister by partisans during the Second World War, and was then brought up in a brutal communist orphanage. The fact he could come from such a harsh background and establish himself as refined professional intellectual is pretty impressive. He is strangely alluring, despite his horrible deeds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending