Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you admire badass movie/TV serial killers such as Hannibal Lecter? watch

I mean it's weird he kills and eats people (and makes people eat their own brains), but I can't help admire his classiness, intelligence and wit. I mean the escape in the Silence of the Lambs was one of the best scenes and smartest planning I've seen in a film. I've talked to a few people about it and they thought I'm a bit weird, but I think they're just too scared to admit they liked a serial killer. What do you think?

I admire his methods to be honest, the way he escapes in that scene is great too.

I do admire Hannibal Lecter. I definitely think he's the most complex serial killer, and he's portrayed in both the novels and the big screen as being the most intelligent. He's an incredibly gifted psychologist - probably the best in the world. Reading people is second nature to him. I also love how cultured he is! He has a great passion and fondness for the arts (classical music, cuisine, sketching, poetry etc.), which is why I love him so much - he seems a lot more cultured than other serial killers, and we both have a sincere reverence of the arts in common.

To be fair he was forced to eat his sister by partisans during the Second World War, and was then brought up in a brutal communist orphanage. The fact he could come from such a harsh background and establish himself as refined professional intellectual is pretty impressive. He is strangely alluring, despite his horrible deeds.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2015
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.