Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'm in my first year at university but on the last day of the first term I decided to suspend my studies and I have now deferred My studies until the next academic year so I will start again in September 2015, However I am now in a tough situation, I still have to pay my rent at my university accommodation and I was wondering if there was any way that I could student finance for this term, My student finance for the second term has gone into my bank account even though I have suspended my studies, If I speak to student finance will I have to give it back or can I use it to pay my rent, I have tried to get someone to take over my contract but no one will so I will have to pay my rent, Is it possible to use the student finance for term 2 and not receive it next year?


    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    As we have paid your second installment there's a chance the Uni hasn't told us you have suspended yet, so please call us on 0300 100 0607 to check if there's anything we need you to do.

    Your entitlement is worked out based on the amount of weeks you attended, so the amount we have just paid you will be an over-payment that you will be asked to repay.

    Once the Uni has contacted us, we will work out how much funding you are entitled to for the year based on the amount of time you attended. We will write to you to let you know how much that is and to ask you to call our collections department to arrange repayment of anything you have been overpaid. At this point, if you can't afford to pay the whole sum back right away, they will be able to set up a repayment agreement with you, to repay an affordable amount each week or month.

What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.