Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So for one of my subjects, I am doing research into what problems teenagers encounter. Whether this is the majority or minority of teenagers, I need as many problems as possible: for example: depression, peer pressure, keeping/losing virginity etc.

I basically need:-

1. What problems do teenage boys face?
    2. What problems do teenage girls face?
    3. What problems do both genders face?

I know there are lots of problems both genders face, but it would be really really helpful if I did have some distinctive differences too. One example being that teenage girls want to hold onto their virginity while most teenage boys want to lose it as quick as possible. (etc.)

Thank you!

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about teenagers in Africa and the likes, or in the West?

The African ones will be faced with the problem of having to feed they're family and finding food and water as well as taking care of their siblings, as opposed to the problem of not being invited to a certain party or not having a girlfriend/boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    ye, firstworld v thirdworld context is crucial

you will know my answers but I don't know your age therefore can't say more

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    I am 15 years old doing art gcse. I will be doing 'Human Condition' for my externally set exam and really want to dig deep into the teenage problems we face. The only problem is, not to sound weird and offensive, but I don't have any problems of my own. I haven't battled depression or pregnancy scares or anything like that like some teenagers are renowned for having or like I do know some people who are like that.

So, my art teacher told me to do some research on the Internet then. I need these problems for my initial development stage and then from this, I will be working out ways of expressing this art without like making it obvious. So, showing depression, showing anxiety and that.

Does that make sense? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    ye, firstworld v thirdworld context is crucial

you will know my answers but I don't know your age therefore can't say more
    No, I completely understand. Sorry, I didn't make it clear in the thread :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    Are we talking about teenagers in Africa and the likes, or in the West?

The African ones will be faced with the problem of having to feed they're family and finding food and water as well as taking care of their siblings, as opposed to the problem of not being invited to a certain party or not having a girlfriend/boyfriend.
    Western teenage problems, especially UK :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisioner)
    Western teenage problems, especially UK :-)
    Both UK and the US. Imagine if all the teens in this country swapped places with teens from Somalia, Sudan, etc... Most of us would be dead within a week, if not less, while they would be doing wonders!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, but I mean teenage problems that are faced normally. Like depression, anxiety, weight, height, smoking, peer pressure etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In an extreme way, what teenagers panic about, could self harm about, seek counselling about or even commit suicide about. Those kind of mental attacking problems linked with age and hormones and growing up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisioner)
    Hello,

So for one of my subjects, I am doing research into what problems teenagers encounter. Whether this is the majority or minority of teenagers, I need as many problems as possible: for example: depression, peer pressure, keeping/losing virginity etc.

I basically need:-

1. What problems do teenage boys face?
    2. What problems do teenage girls face?
    3. What problems do both genders face?

I know there are lots of problems both genders face, but it would be really really helpful if I did have some distinctive differences too. One example being that teenage girls want to hold onto their virginity while most teenage boys want to lose it as quick as possible. (etc.)

Thank you!

Josh
    From the top of my head, guys usually worry about their skills in sports or video games.

Based on my seat mate in English, girls usually worry about their appearance (insecurities and all).

For both, I'd say school, not just because of progressing to higher education but to avoid being called "retarded" or "stupid".

And probably losing bookmarks (browser's) and saved files cause it's important to them due to school or whatchamacallit, uh.... hobbies like they usually bookmark sites they like to read or use and when they lose it, they lose that.

Btw, no offence to anyone, this is just what I got from observation and it's USUALLY, I understand that not all worry about this. So, apologies if I offended anyone.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    Common Problem - Trying to look good (in horrible school uniforms).

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.