Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Ever since I bought my car (2006 Astra 1.6 petrol) there has been a small rattling sound which didn't bother me much, however, now that I have had it for about 6 or 7 months I tend it notice the noise a lot more. I think the slower I go the more apparent the noise becomes. Any ideas as to what this rattling noise could be? One other question, my back doors are stiff and you really have to pull on the handle to get them open, any fixes for that?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    100% no way to diagnose a rattle unless we're in the car with you. If it's the interior, it's annoying but safe. If the rattling is the exterior, best check it out pronto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFeet)
    Hey all,Ever since I bought my car (2006 Astra 1.6 petrol) .............. my back doors are stiff and you really have to pull on the handle to get them open, any fixes for that?Thanks
    Take it to the garage and just tell the nice man you would like your back doors kicking in! He will understand.

ReputationRep:
    Is it chain or belt driven? Chain driven engines have a slight rattle noise to them and it is normal.

The doors issue is due to lack of use and grease. Grease up the linkages and you should be good to go.

~Matt

ReputationRep:
    If you raise the revs with the car stationary and in neutral does the rattle develop and then go away as the revs rise further?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.