The Student Room Group

Would someone with these qualifications be considered for BSc Psychology?

I want to study an undergraduate degree in Psychology when I've finished my A-Levels. Would these qualifications be considered
Psychology A-Level - A
English Language A-Level - A
English Literature A-Level - B
Gcse maths - C. Gcse additional science - B

And what standard Uni's would consider these qualifications ?
I'm in my final year of my degree in psychology at university of Liverpool. I got a conditional offer if I received AAB in a-levels but I received:
Psychology C
English language C
Textiles and fashion A*
And I still got in!

So yes I should imagine your grades I obviously good enough.
Not sure about other university's as Liverpool was my first choice and I got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alohaa9
I want to study an undergraduate degree in Psychology when I've finished my A-Levels. Would these qualifications be considered
Psychology A-Level - A

dont know. work down a psychology league table - the ones at the top will tend to have a higher conditional offer, so find ones which say AAB !
The maths GCSE might be a bit of a problem for high ranking uni's.
I was in the same position as you, some unis that allow a C in math are Birmingham, Lincoln, Sheffield, Portsmouth, Liverpool Hope(I think), Keele I can't remember more

Quick research will tell you more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Most standard unis look for at least one science A level, preferably with maths. If you don't have A level maths, they look for A-B GCSE maths. But if you can turn around your A level subjects in your personal statement, for example saying "Literature made me more empathetic / taught me excellent essay writing techniques / showed me people have different opinions on texts" etc, it may work to your advantage.
Original post by alohaa9
Psychology A-Level - A

Since you have Psychology you'll be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest