This discussion is closed.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ok i clicked one of those click ok things which comes up when your on crappy websites. Since then adverts have constantly been appearing on my screen I remember i used to be able to get into a options part of ie which would allow me to uninstall stuff like that. Does anyone know how i can find my way into this?
moo_cat
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
ok i clicked one of those click ok things which comes up when your on crappy websites. Since then adverts have constantly been appearing on my screen I remember i used to be able to get into a options part of ie which would allow me to uninstall stuff like that. Does anyone know how i can find my way into this?
it is not IE that is the problem, you need to get yourself some anti-spy/adware software, try getting ad aware.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
(Original post by moo_cat)
it is not IE that is the problem, you need to get yourself some anti-spy/adware software, try getting ad aware.
i have adsgone popup killer. By clicking some button i've allowed some *******s to put pop ups onto my pc whenever they like - i don't even go on the net and they come up. I need to uninstall this thing.
chidori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And SpywareBlaster.
JeSuS_sLiCeR
Report 16 years ago
get a virus programme like norton and then u can select options from there. or if you have an expensive internet provider (aol) then you get the options in the menu anyway.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
getting an add blocker is not solving the route of the problem - i already have one anyway.

There's some piece of **** software installed on my machine and i don't know how to get rid of it.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you have anything unusual in your control panel add/remove program section? Have you tried running "hi-jack this!"?

There's always "spybot s & d" and "ad-aware" to try and get rid of it.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had a problem with my internet so i downloaded a new one and it works fine now
klee
Report 16 years ago
u kno n e better massenger services other than 6.2, its really crappy? plz answer, fanks
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you've got spyware problems, get yourself a copy of HijackThis. Scan your PC and post the results on this forum:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

(They tell you how to do this on here). They're great help - have used them before. Good luck.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
If you've got spyware problems, get yourself a copy of HijackThis. Scan your PC and post the results on this forum
Or you could post them up here and i'll take a look.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (125)
46.47%
Take exams next summer (39)
14.5%
Change uni choice through clearing (68)
25.28%
Apply to uni next year instead (24)
8.92%
I'm not applying to university (13)
4.83%

Watched Threads