Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit of a longshot but I'm looking for housemates for next year - I'm currently a fresher and for various reasons I'm not living with my current flatmates and am starting to get a bit desperate . I'm not fussy as long as your sociable/like going out.

Alternatively, does anyone have any advice for what I could do?
    lily xx

ReputationRep:
    Use the http://manchesterstudenthomes.com message board and post an ad, you'll find that this time of year a lot of rooms start appearing as people decide uni wasn't for them/fail their first term exams...

ReputationRep:
    It's also worth noting that spaces *will* crop in houses later in the year, ahead of the new tenancies starting. This can happen for a number of reasons, most commonly that either
    a) someone drops out of uni
    b) someone decides that they would prefer to live elsewhere, and starts looking for a replacement
    c) people rent a house with a spare bedroom, because they particularly liked that house / the estate agent got a bit desperate and let it go to a smaller group (this is more common than you think).

You'll find that if you keep your ear to the ground / ask a few friends to keep their ears out for you, you'll come to hear of a few options

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lily9619)
    This is a bit of a longshot but I'm looking for housemates for next year - I'm currently a fresher and for various reasons I'm not living with my current flatmates and am starting to get a bit desperate . I'm not fussy as long as your sociable/like going out.

lily xx
    Hey, I'm also looking for people to live with next year. I've sent you a more detailed PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lily9619)

lily xx
    hey, was wondering what uni your studying at

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.