Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    arrrh i am confused... i don't know anything about college and sixth forms and what is the difference. well i got 13 A* 2 A and one B in all of my GCSE plus i got a B from As biology. does anyone know any college or sixth form that are really good and plus i want study medine in the future..
    thanx love from louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    arrrh i am confused... i don't know anything about college and sixth forms and what is the difference. well i got 13 A* 2 A and one B in all of my GCSE plus i got a B from As biology. does anyone know any college or sixth form that are really good and plus i want study medine in the future..
    thanx love from louise
    I'll say college are for more practical subjects like enginering, beauty, hair dressing, etc. If you want to study med in the future, i will advise you to study at a sixth-form, You'll have no problem getting into the sixth-form as you got 13A* the mim entry for sixth-form are 6 A*-C.

ReputationRep:
    please everyone this is really really important for me.. i am claustrophobic now about this topic

ReputationRep:
    thanx love from louise
    north londoner?

if so then woodhouse (n. finchley)

its excellent academically.

ReputationRep:
    thanx love from louise
    13a* :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    north londoner?

if so then woodhouse (n. finchley)

its excellent academically.
    i don't even know how many As i can take and how many i can carry on for A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    13a* :eek:
    well i was want to get 15 A* but i am not really that good in English lang and lit i missed an A* by 11 mark in paper 1 and 3 mark in paper 2

ReputationRep:
    well at least if anyone know where to get these kinda of informations...?? no??

ReputationRep:
    ok no one cares.... .....

ReputationRep:
    with those grades you will do well wherever do not fret!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaerieLand)
    with those grades you will do well wherever do not fret!
    yeah but i don't know where to go, i feel like a losting boat don't know where to land..

ReputationRep:
    i dunno about schools, but i'll tell you about a/s's

Most ppl take 4 a/s levels (not including general studies)

Then drop one subject for A level.

Some ppl however do more, some ppl do 5 a/s's and 4 a levels, some people just dont drop an a/s.

With 13 a* you could get 4 a levels, most ppl have 3 but 4 is an advantage.

You CAN do more, but its not really worthwhile pushing yourself, 4 is good enough!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah but i don't know where to go, i feel like a losting boat don't know where to land..
    What about the one you go to at the moment? or have i missed that somewhere in the thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaerieLand)
    What about the one you go to at the moment? or have i missed that somewhere in the thread?
    well i go to secondary school which doesn't have a sixth form..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)
    i dunno about schools, but i'll tell you about a/s's

Most ppl take 4 a/s levels (not including general studies)

Then drop one subject for A level.

Some ppl however do more, some ppl do 5 a/s's and 4 a levels, some people just dont drop an a/s.

With 13 a* you could get 4 a levels, most ppl have 3 but 4 is an advantage.

You CAN do more, but its not really worthwhile pushing yourself, 4 is good enough!!
    owow thanks
    what is general studies??

ReputationRep:
    well i go to secondary school which doesn't have a sixth form..
    ahh fairysnuffly! luckily mine did it is ok but since i do not live near london... try the guardian tables or whichever newspaper it is. Im sure its on the web, youknow the ones after GCSE's and Alevel results

ReputationRep:
    Ok.. pm me.. I can help u a bit more, but I have a q for you too... lol..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)
    Ok.. pm me.. I can help u a bit more, but I have a q for you too... lol..
    what question??

ReputationRep:
    are you taking a year out between GCSE and 6th form or something? how come you have your gcse results alrewady?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    are you taking a year out between GCSE and 6th form or something? how come you have your gcse results alrewady?
    i took it last year and now i am still in school few days a week to do GCSE astronomy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.