Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I'm just completely lost where I am. It's not like I haven't made any friends because I have but I've been getting really depressed to the point where I'm not eating or sleeping and want to do horrible things to myself. I sort of knew before I came to uni that it was going to be hard for me to do it because I simply don't care enough to do the reading but my parents really wanted me to go and I have no other plans. My course is really stressing me out and I really just want to take some time to sort myself out in terns of self confidence and direction but I know my parents won't understand if I try to explain it to them - they'll just be really angry. I was looking into either applying for different courses or going to music school but I don't know that it would be that different wherever I went - I kind of think that the problem is internal and that being at a different uni wouldn't really make that much difference, though being on a better suited course might help.

Anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    First, talk to your tutor and counselling service; it's their job to deal with things like that.

Then, if you finally decide you want to drop out:

How dependent are you on your parents? If the majority of your money comes from Student Finance, start looking for a full-time job without telling them. Once you have a job, then you move into your own housing, and have money to live off. Then, you can drop out, if that's what you really want to do. So what if they go mad at you, it's not like they control you any more.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.